Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Roger that but Toyota, being an international company, has stated they will continue making IC engine vehicles for the time being and may be the last of the major manufacturers to go 100% EV.
Australia is now heavily under the pump to electrify everything, raising the electricity demand 10x over what it is now in the coming years, at the same time the shill of 'renewables' continues and big power stations get shut down. My workplace is next to a port from which boatloads of chinese made wind turbine parts are constantly being imported. And all solar panels and solar equipment is made in China and imported as well. Nothing is made in Australia for renewable energy systems. One guy at my work has bought a full-electric Volvo (aka Geely) XC-40 and has turned into a fully-blown EV future proselytiser.

I'm fairly sure Toyota still makes LC's with 1hz motors for some markets, and while the 79's continue, the v8 diesel continues, but Nissan already dumped diesel for the current Patrol, so Toyota will likely follow the same trajectory as dropping diesel in light (not truck) vehicles probably frees up resources to switch to EV's (noting Toyota has made the hybrid Prius for a lot of years now).

Toyota though is probably quite different to the Nissan/Puegeot/Mitsubishi conglomerate in that it is 'one entity' (for all intents and purposes, at least from the consumer perspective), so there's room in the scope for supporting older vehicles up to a point with 'factory investment'. We know Toyota like probably all auto makers has plenty of subsidiary and affiliated businesses feeding into the structure, and again Toyota might be uniquely positioned to leverage that for the HPP.

I think we're lucky as my other automotive passion - Saab's - got right royally destroyed by a big US car maker not called MG (lol) and sacrificed the Saab business it raped and pillaged for government bailout funds (so became effectively a US gov owned car company). And the OEM support for Saab is now effectively zero with the company created to do OEM parts support operating a long way away from being any sort of brand ambassador.

I don't think Toyota corporate would think like that, but then again I've never been an exec of a very large business.

I’ve owned a Camry hybrid for 12 years - 2011-2023. Not doing that crap again. Keep me and my gasoline car. If your a [car] bag holder, keep to 💯 gasoline cars

I must be the only one on here that loves EVs and can't wait to own one. That torque...
Nothing wrong with EV's, but they're being sold using the same mantra as Covid drugs (ie. that unless you get them you are going to die). They aren't being pushed with overwhelmingly positive messaging, and are totally focusing on the zero tailpipe emissions factor. I refused all Covid jabs, but I take an open mind about EV's. If battery charge density increases 10x on current battery tech maybe they'll become interesting.

Toyota won't be any different but until then existing tech is still fully valid , workable, functional, and suits society needs.

Speaking of rough, consider your location and what it's doing to you and your 80. LMAO
You must meet my Friend Fluid Film and set up an Annual Meeting. I’m in Ohio and FF is just as Important as Engine oil, else Truck turn into a Pile.

Link to the survey by Toyota Japan for the heritage parts project. You can put in the fj80 and FZJ80 as “other”. Never too early to start asking for continued OEM parts manufacturing and currently discontinued items!

Thanks for the link. I just listed a few parts that I would like to see come back.

One tip: when filling out the box requesting the part number do not put a hyphen between the first five and second five numbers, the system only wants the numbers, no space, no hyphen.

Here's some things I listed including what I wrote in the comments section but would be surprised if any of them ever come back:

Headlamp Assemblies (R/L)
Front Park/marker lamp assemblies (R/L)
Mirror (door)
Transmission (A343F)
Fenders (R/L)
Speedometer (US spec)
Tachometer
Switch Assembly Turn Side (complete clock spring assy with switches/stalks) - Toyota (84310-6A261)
Motor Sub Assembly (HVAC)Blower with AC - Toyota (87103-60140)
Front wiper motor (LHD) Toyota (85110-60141)
Reservoir Assembly (windshield washer bottle) - Toyota (85315-60071)
Glass Windshield - Toyota (56111-60190)
Glass Sub Assembly Slide (sunroof) - Toyota (63201-60023)
Thank you Kernal, pretty good list. I hope for everyone here that this will be successful. I think this helps all of the Vendors here on Mud and elsewhere. My 80 and 60 both do better with oem parts.

I must be the only one on here that loves EVs and can't wait to own one. That torque...
Probably, but the difference for me is when it becomes compulsory and not by choice: and of course I reject the actual premise by which EVs came about.

Has the 80 series got much chance of getting traction with the HPP?

Some say it's just for certain parts, but then why would they ask for part numbers?? They (Toyota) know the part numbers for brake components and other safety related items.

The way I look at it, it can't hurt to ask for anything/everything and keep reminding them we're still out here driving our 80 series daily.

So when exactly are they gonna start reproducing some of these discontinued parts? We talking months from now or years?

So when exactly are they gonna start reproducing some of these discontinued parts? We talking months from now or years?
Combination of both. These parts will be “fill-in” manufacturing: side jobs. 😂😂

An extra revenue stream for Toyota Group suppliers whom do not already have an existing avenue for distribution of side job parts; mainly geared for the JDM.

What about seatbelts? I would assume it falls into the safety part of it!

The seatbelts are still available or can be restored. No need.
I was hoping for correct Color’s, not all are available.

But yes, they can be restored also. I would figure Toyota would want “safety” to be at top of the list.

I work in a world where it’s first priority, hoping T was the same.

🍻

I was hoping for correct Color’s, not all are available.

But yes, they can be restored also. I would figure Toyota would want “safety” to be at top of the list.

I work in a world where it’s first priority, hoping T was the same.

🍻

For 40 year old trucks? 😂😂😂

Buy a new vehicle is the answer if you don’t like the color. Get it dyed. Rebuild it.

For 40 year old trucks? 😂😂😂

Buy a new vehicle is the answer if you don’t like the color. Get it dyed. Rebuild it.
Getting a 40 year old seatbelt dyed is not safe. The material plus mechanism is pretty much worn out at this point.

Purchasing a new one to get it dyed to the same color is an option.

Getting it re-webbed is an option but if the mechanism is worn then what’s the purpose🤷‍♂️.

I doubt the re-webbing service provider certifies their work.

I’m glad you think safety is a joke, that’s nice🖕

Getting a 40 year old seatbelt dyed is not safe. The material plus mechanism is pretty much worn out at this point.

Purchasing a new one to get it dyed to the same color is an option.

Getting it re-webbed is an option but if the mechanism is worn then what’s the purpose🤷‍♂️.

I doubt the re-webbing service provider certifies their work.

I’m glad you think safety is a joke, that’s nice🖕

I mean if seat belts and safety are a chief concern you should crush your cruiser and get something new. Let’s not even consider SRS, crumple zones, and other crash technology not engineered into these old cruisers.

I mean if seat belts and safety are a chief concern you should crush your cruiser and get something new. Let’s not even consider SRS, crumple zones, and other crash technology not engineered into these old cruisers.
What an asinine statement 🤦‍♂️

Your both showing your maturity and level of intelligence…….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom