Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Project (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the link. I just listed a few parts that I would like to see come back.

One tip: when filling out the box requesting the part number do not put a hyphen between the first five and second five numbers, the system only wants the numbers, no space, no hyphen.

Here's some things I listed including what I wrote in the comments section but would be surprised if any of them ever come back:

Headlamp Assemblies (R/L)
Front Park/marker lamp assemblies (R/L)
Mirror (door)
Transmission (A343F)
Fenders (R/L)
Speedometer (US spec)
Tachometer
Switch Assembly Turn Side (complete clock spring assy with switches/stalks) - Toyota (84310-6A261)
Motor Sub Assembly (HVAC)Blower with AC - Toyota (87103-60140)
Front wiper motor (LHD) Toyota (85110-60141)
Reservoir Assembly (windshield washer bottle) - Toyota (85315-60071)
Glass Windshield - Toyota (56111-60190)
Glass Sub Assembly Slide (sunroof) - Toyota (63201-60023)
Looking for an Idle Air Control Valve (IAC) for 1991 Cruiser. Any suggestions?

Interesting thread! I'd be up for drivers seat track motor assemblies. And a new charcoal canister. I have a friend in Osaka and was lucky enough to get a couple of visors and head lamps before they were gone.

Be sure to go to the Heritage webpage and fill out a request form, doesn't help to just talk about it here.

IMO at least they might see that there is a large number of vintage Land Cruiser owners who want to keep their vehicles on the road, but also someone at Corporate might understand that there's probably a market for a true Retro Land Cruiser.

Please leverage the discontinued parts thread for part numbers if you want to do your 80 series civic duty. It is much appreciated. Really, toyota should just have a secret part number like 55669-01111 which means u give that to your parts guy and pay the $60-$80k, they send ya a brand new 80 series. DONE

Remember the HPP does *not* include body parts - only engine, driveline, brakes, and I think electrical maybe as well.

Remember the HPP does *not* include body parts - only engine, driveline, brakes, and I think electrical maybe as well.

Anything that makes the vehicle 'start, stop, run and turn' was the directive given to me when they started scoping this program a few years ago. And I would focus on non-US RHD applications that happen to fit US spec stuff too.

That makes sense. I filled out the application and when I tried entering a part number for a early model dash pad it wouldn’t let me because the P/N was more than 10 characters.

That makes sense. I filled out the application and when I tried entering a part number for a early model dash pad it wouldn’t let me because the P/N was more than 10 characters.
Usually the last 2 (I'm assuming this is the format you're talking about) are the color or specific type of that part - so if the part number is 12345-67890-AB, you can just lop the "-AB" off and they'll probably know what you're talking about. I think they don't want the dashes in there either.

For example, it's usually something like:

"12345-67890-AB" = Gray dash
"12345-67890-AC" = Brown dash

Usually the last 2 (I'm assuming this is the format you're talking about) are the color or specific type of that part - so if the part number is 12345-67890-AB, you can just lop the "-AB" off and they'll probably know what you're talking about. I think they don't want the dashes in there either.

For example, it's usually something like:

"12345-67890-AB" = Gray dash
"12345-67890-AC" = Brown dash

Correct but for 80-series it is usually a B0 and 03 is gray while E0 and 06 is sable/oak.

Cheers

You should ask for whatever you want. They're making interior parts and such for Supras, so there's no reason they can't make them for the 80.
Interior parts aren't required for stopping, turning, driving, though. You can still run an 80 series with no seats or trim lol

The cost-benefit analysis for selecting parts to re-produce would be interesting to understand, but it also requires understanding of different markets (ie. how USA got lexus lx450's and 470's with no diesels and very high spec levels whereas Australia got hardly any Lexus badged 80's or even 105's and low spec level ones are a high portion of imported stocks).

Even Toyota is now getting suckered into EV's so there will be governmental/legislative pressures to limit the 'abilities' of older vehicle owners to perpetuate their retention, repair, re-use and ongoing drivability quite aside from fuel supply changes over time as the oil industry wanes away from what it has been for the last 150 yrs.

Last edited:
Roger that but Toyota, being an international company, has stated they will continue making IC engine vehicles for the time being and may be the last of the major manufacturers to go 100% EV.

But totally agree, Northern Europe and North America will go full electric before the rest of the world and anyone who wants to continue driving an IC engine vehicle will likely have to pay a special carbon tax, higher licensing fees, be publically shamed, etc,etc

Either way, IMHO everyone should go to the webpage in the link above and put down any and every part your little heart desires; let Toyota decide what they'll reproduce, or not.

Repeating myself here, but IMO the more people who ask for parts the more someone at Toyota may get the message that there's a lot of interest in keeping vintage Land Cruisers on the road. And if there's interest in rebuilding vintage LC's then maybe someone at Toyota will connect the dots and come to the conclusion that there is a market for a Retro Land Cruiser.💡

Last edited:
I hope they bring back the main harness for the earlier 80s. That seems to be the killer.

Roger that but Toyota, being an international company, has stated they will continue making IC engine vehicles for the time being and may be the last of the major manufacturers to go 100% EV.

But totally agree, Northern Europe and North America will go full electric before the rest of the world and anyone who wants to continue driving an IC engine vehicle will likely have to pay a special carbon tax, higher licensing fees, be publically shamed, etc,etc

Either way, IMHO everyone should go to the webpage in the link above and put down any and every part your little heart desires; let Toyota decide what they'll reproduce, or not.

Repeating myself here, but IMO the more people who ask for parts the more someone at Toyota may get the message that there's a lot of interest in keeping vintage Land Cruisers on the road. And if there's interest in rebuilding vintage LC's then maybe someone at Toyota will connect the dots and come to the conclusion that there is a market for a Retro Land Cruiser.💡

Make sure you vote for people that are not in the back pocket of the EV lobbying army. These EVs are gross polluters as well and are destroying new areas for good.

EV rules and laws don't just happen....you vote for them.

I hope they bring back the main harness for the earlier 80s. That seems to be the killer.
No electrical or body parts - I think that's been clear from the start - just stopping/turning/driving - basically the bare essentials.

There are more than enough 80's wrecked (at least here in Oz) to get electrical wiring looms but I'm aware many of the loom sections are NLA now.

No electrical or body parts - I think that's been clear from the start - just stopping/turning/driving - basically the bare essentials.

There are more than enough 80's wrecked (at least here in Oz) to get electrical wiring looms but I'm aware many of the loom sections are NLA now.

Sorry, I read electronic which to me translated to ECU, Radio, etc and another said it includes "starting" so clear as mud.

95+ you can still get from Toyota but Pre-95 are NLA, sadly not a lot of 80s around.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom