Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gives hope to me (28 on the 24th) and my 80 some hope 25 years from now when I'm still driving her. The 80 will be too rough for most of you by then 😉

I'm 50, if I can get another 30 years I probably won't be driving after that. Of course none of us may be by then.

Jason

Here is your chance to place your request for parts that are no longer in production that you would like to see Toyota bring back. It looks like the first part for the 80 series will be the rear axle shaft.

449C80C1-1619-4DBD-9283-DB4C8B2D33EF.png

2C04A466-ED78-4E55-9113-193DC5298BCF.png

DAC7D6F0-B132-4FF9-9472-FCDC70487E57.png

829D791F-F2B8-42AE-9F19-F298F86F19A9.jpeg

106B3A06-71F7-42AB-A73C-D4FD218CD5AE.png

09569F4A-5423-40E4-A7DB-423B7D7AAC1D.png

Not sure if it’s been announced anywhere on this forum, but Toyota announced today that they are adding the 60, 70, and 80 series to their roster of heritage parts that are to be sold by their dealerships and have created a survey for parts people would want. As excited as I am about this program, I know there are parts that I would probably need, but am not educated enough to know or name off the top of my head being that I’m still learning about my cruiser. I figured I’d make this post with the link to the website of their survey and hope anyone who knows or needs parts that they haven’t been able to source can go and make their voices heard and possibly help each other out with the ever growing list of discontinued parts maybe!

Hope everyone has a great day!

E6F417EF-C6A2-4875-B7FA-5A4E216C47D7.png

Three times in the last 24 hours, and that's just in the 80 Series forum.

At least more people may learn of the program and hopefully fill out
the form to request more NLA parts be brought back into production.

Three times in the last 24 hours, and that's just in the 80 Series forum.

At least more people may learn of the program and hopefully fill out
the form to request more NLA parts be brought back into production.
Lol, as soon as I read three times, I scrolled through the forums again and saw the posts you’re referring to. I didn’t scroll down far enough the first time to see it. 😂

That’s awesome though, and I hope we do get some parts to come back! I really hope some of the discontinued electrical comes back for sure as I have some ac components I’d like to replace and can’t source any! 😕

good timing, thanks for reminding me, I need to fill out the form for oak sun visors.
That would also be nice to have back! My passenger side one has just recently started to sag a bit, but haven’t looked into it myself to know that they’d been discontinued! What’s the part number? I’ll fill out a request for that part as well!

I filled out the form for the cooler stabilizer/power transistor that lets the AC controls go from low, med 1, med2, and high (p/n 88650-60130 in case anyone is wondering) and the blower motor resistor for the 40th anniversary edition/ lx450 that I can’t seem to source anywhere I’ve looked (p/n 87138-60230).

Headlamps and Windshields are my #1 and #2 requests, no one makes an aftermarket replacement equal to the originals.

Then Turn Signal Lamps, Corner/Park Lamps, Front Wiper Motor, HVAC Front blower motor, A343F Transmission, Throttle cable (Transmission), ----. Wishful thinking but it can't hurt. The more requests they get the more someone might take notice.

If/when any 80 series parts get reproduced, how are we meant to find out about them and if interested subsequently order them if not in the USA?

Will we have to provide 'proof' by way of VIN and order through a dealership (will or are any Australian Toyota dealerships being involved?)?

I believe the only parts being considered are electrical and driveline (engine, gearbox/transfer, brakes)? No body parts.

Headlamps and Windshields are my #1 and #2 requests, no one makes an aftermarket replacement equal to the originals.

Then Turn Signal Lamps, Corner/Park Lamps, Front Wiper Motor, HVAC Front blower motor, A343F Transmission, Throttle cable (Transmission), ----. Wishful thinking but it can't hurt. The more requests they get the more someone might take notice.
Corner lamps are available dude unless you insist on the ugly ambers. Turn signal lamps readily available via scrap and look fine even as they age since ugly amber.

Everything else you listed, vamos!!!!!!

PS - how many threads do y’all want to litter this forum with the same old news lmao have some respect por favor

Last edited:
Submitted for both headlamps, windshield, washer reservoir, climate control w/Auto.

I wonder in practicality how this will work as a lot of parts are going to be specific to a particular market and/or a particular 'driving configuration' ie LHD vs RHD. ie.

Here in oz most landcruisers are diesel and we're a RHD country. Whereas in the USA most landcruisers are petrol and LHD. Also 80's sold in the USA were all Lexus LX450's I believe while Lexus-badged landcruisers (450's 470's and 570's are all I've seen) are quite rare here. I cannot comment on how Lexus-badged landcruiser option levels correlate to non-Lexus badged option levels.

Most 80's here have twin insert headlights for example and 'sahara' config ones are rare.

There are a lot of barn-door 80's here which is probably also different to the US. Ironically a lot of barn-door 80 specific parts are still obtainable (though it won't always be that way).

I am not in a position to understand how decisions are made about reproducing and distributing out-of-production parts.

Last edited:
Here in oz most landcruisers are diesel and we're a RHD country. Whereas in the USA most landcruisers are petrol and LHD. Also 80's sold in the USA were all Lexus LX450's I believe while Lexus-badged landcruisers (450's 470's and 570's are all I've seen)

We also all walk around with spare cheese burgers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom