Land Cruiser Heaven leather video review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally getting around to posting a review!
Frank (@FloridaFJ80) from www.landcruiserheaven.com was great to work with and will answer all of your questions.

I am very happy with the quality of the leather, stitching and fitment over the new Toyota seat bottom and back foam.
I also had heated seat elements installed while everything was apart.
They are wired into factory Toyota horizontal heated seat switches on the lower part of the dash.

While my factory leather wasn't horrible the stock cushions were destroyed and I couldn't take it anymore.
20151103_073244.jpg

And here is the result:
20151220_122837.jpg

20151220_123052.jpg

20151220_123019.jpg

Last edited:
looks fantastic. Did you fit the covers yourself or did you have a dude do it for you? I'm facing this process in the near future. My seat backs are in perfect condition but the bases have seen better days. The local upholstery dude want the same to repair as it costs for new covers.

looks fantastic. Did you fit the covers yourself or did you have a dude do it for you? I'm facing this process in the near future. My seat backs are in perfect condition but the bases have seen better days. The local upholstery dude want the same to repair as it costs for new covers.

I know a lot of guys on here have done the install themselves, but I took it to a local shop and paid to have the covers professionally installed.
It cost me $600 to have the new cushions installed, heated seat elements installed, and the new leather covers installed all around.

I can say from experience that if you opt to change out the foam it will be a lot of work to get the leather pulled over it. I just changed the DS bottom foam, but it was a workout getting that leather on it! It was well worth the effort though.

Your leather looks very nice @jwilliams ! Your shop did a great job.

I can say from experience that if you opt to change out the foam it will be a lot of work to get the leather pulled over it. I just changed the DS bottom foam, but it was a workout getting that leather on it! It was well worth the effort though.

Your leather looks very nice @jwilliams ! Your shop did a great job.
Thank you. I am very pleased with the outcome as well. Having the new foam bottoms and backs is a night and day difference over the original ones. Add in the heated seats and new steering wheel... it's a new truck!

What was the source and cost of the foam?

I've got my kit still sitting in boxes from Frank's first group buy. This makes me want to get this done. Very nice. By the way, your white, locked, CE is my unicorn, I love it

Where did you get the steering wheel recovered?

Last edited:
I've got my kit still sitting in boxes from Frank's first group buy. This makes me want to get this done. Very nice. By the way, your white, locked, CE is my unicorn, I love it
Thank you. This thing is amazing! Unstoppable off road and after a 5 hour wash,clay bar, compound, wax job she looks brand new :)

jwilliams,

Thanks for your video review. My cruiser is identical to yours (white over tan '97 CE with lockers), but still stock. I have several things planned for it, most of which are along the line of what you've done to yours. One of those things is new leather, probably from LCHeaven, and it's great to see a few installs in advance, especially in a video.

@cbpeck Glad the video helped.

I just wanted to add in the cost breakdown for people to see how much you are getting into if you go the same route I did.

My cost breakdown:
$1,300 for the full leather kit
$538.36 for factory replacement Toyota foam on the front seats
$50.00 for heated seat kit
$600 for professional install of all above
$2,488.36 Total

Steering wheel was $349, and I installed it myself.

I have no doubt the quality and fit of these kits are spot on. I think the above photos look great. I'm just stuck on the fact they don't have the factory 'pleat' in the seating area. I'm not really a purest; I just can't seem to get away from the fact it's not there. I fear it would bother me everytime I opened the door.
I read in another thread this 'pleat' was not an option and/or not available. It's too bad b/c I really want to replace my leather and want to order a kit from LC Heaven (if anything to avoid the other supplier).

Looks good, as a side note, Craft Customs out of Texas will do the wheel in leather for 250 or a mix of faux wood if you have a LX and leather for 500. I can post a pic if needed.

I have no doubt the quality and fit of these kits are spot on. I think the above photos look great. I'm just stuck on the fact they don't have the factory 'pleat' in the seating area. I'm not really a purest; I just can't seem to get away from the fact it's not there. I fear it would bother me everytime I opened the door.
I read in another thread this 'pleat' was not an option and/or not available. It's too bad b/c I really want to replace my leather and want to order a kit from LC Heaven (if anything to avoid the other supplier).

No need to worry on the pleat. My covers for the 80 series land cruiser now come with the pleat. When i get home i will post up a pic.

Sent from my iPhone

No need to worry on the pleat. My covers for the 80 series land cruiser now come with the pleat. When i get home i will post up a pic.

Sent from my iPhone
Well that is a bummer... Oh well. Truck still feels brand new. @LOOKman I would tend to agree with you.

Here are the new LCH covers v2.0 for the 80 series Land Cruiser.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452869225.437387.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452869234.207931.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452869242.010999.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452869253.717276.jpg

@jwilliams dont be bummed out amigo. Your truck came out amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone

Excellent news!!! Can you give me a lead time on those kits? I'm ready to get this done!

Lead time, i am placing an order today, if you want in on this order i can have then here in a few weeks. Let me know what you want to do.

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom