Land Cruiser Heaven leather seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bhamnole

SILVER Star
Threads
I know Frank has previously received some tough feedback here on timing of shipments, etc., so I thought I would post my experience in buying leather seats from him. I purchased the seats on Jan 8 and received them Jan 26. Installed this week by pros. Pics attached. The purchase, communication (by phone and text), shipping and installation couldn't have been easier. Frank did exactly what he said in terms of turnaround time. Quality of the leather is super. Installers did say that the leather was pretty challenging to install with the premium/full leather sides, etc., especially the 2nd row which was very tight fit. I know nothing about installing covers but apparently vinyl on the sides is more forgiving and there are more fitting treatments.

Overall, I am very pleased with the process and results. Thanks Frank.

Last edited:
Did you do all three rows? How much did that run you with install? That looks great!

I did all 3 rows, with premium leather package and console cover. I can't remember the exact seat cost but it was standard price on Frank's website. install cost was $650

How close of a match in color are they to the original? Thinking of doing the front only as the rest are in good shape. Just not sure if they will match up well.

Very close match. The installers reused the back of front seats. See pic Grain texture difference is more noticeable to me than the color

904DC445-E624-4A5D-BE57-8BFBF9B45F1D.jpeg

The crafmanship looks nice, but that looks to me like a total different color and texture compared to the original.

The pic does look bad though it really doesn't do justice to the color match. Compare the first set of pics to other parts of the interior. To the eye, it really is a pretty good match. The texture is definitely different - the back matches the door panels, etc. though it's not that bad when looking at everything together. I researched just about every leather kit there is for texture match and don't believe it exists.

That labor price of $650 for 8 seats is extremely inexpensive. I have done several seats, including LC's and they take lots of time.
Looks like a nice result.
Good luck,
Dave

I also have good news on the Land Cruiser Heaven front. I ordered LX470 front 70/30 covers on 2/12/19 and they shipped today! I was promised 4-6 weeks. Under promise, over deliver is how customers are kept happy. I'm elated!

$650 to install all 3 rows is really cheap IMO. I paid $800 just for the fronts. I posted a separate thread on my LC Heaven experience which was also very good; the order was correct, from order to delivery was about 3 weeks and Frank was and excellent communicator.

I'm pleased with the quality as well. I also find the color match to be good, but the grain/texture of Frank's leather is different that the original leather (grainy vs. smooth).

The pic does look bad though it really doesn't do justice to the color match. Compare the first set of pics to other parts of the interior. To the eye, it really is a pretty good match. The texture is definitely different - the back matches the door panels, etc. though it's not that bad when looking at everything together. I researched just about every leather kit there is for texture match and don't believe it exists.
Your "original" leather... the back of the seats and door cards are not actually original Toyota but rather port installed leather. The LC backs will have netting and the door cards will have slanted stitching.

Little update. My installer didn't know that there was leather in the kit to wrap the back of front seats. They were a little confused with that leather since there isn't leather included to replace the pocket. Frank explained that LCs normally have a netting whereas I have the vinyl pocket. Showing great service, Frank is going to get more material for me for the installers to make a leather replacement pocket. So, seats will all match up. As for the door cards, I decided to leave those as is for now. may replace later with the included leather (with stitching as you mention).

Very nice! Did you replace the back and bottom foam cushions or retained the old ones?

I didn't have any damage to my foam, so didn't need to replace it. They just hit with steam and back to new like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom