Land Cruiser Heaven 4x4 Shop? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone else had experience getting work done at Land Cruiser Heaven 4x4 shop in MD?

I had a head gasket job done there in July and am still having intermittent coolant issues. I've been having a hard time getting through to the owner, Frank, who doesn't seem to care about my concerns. The communication has been very slow/poor, and when he says he'll get back to me, it often doesn't happen.

I know a lot of people here on MUD have had issues the last couple of years with their product/retail side...specifically, poor communication and not getting their orders fulfilled in a timely manner, but not sure if that was the same with the repair shop or not.
Land Cruiser Heaven

Anyway, just wondering if this is a rare experience (just me). I am pretty dissatisfied with the customer service, so buyer beware!

P.S. I decided to take my business to another shop in Maryland, a guy who is servicing more and more Toyota LCs and building an excellent reputation rooted in customer service.

You're dealing with Frank @FloridaFJ80 and it's the same Land Cruiser Heaven that others have experienced a retail nightmare with. I wouldn't even let him LOOK at my truck let alone touch it. After I finally gave up on Frank ever making my replacement seat leather issue correct (the dye color didn't come close to matching OEM) he offered me a great discount if I wanted to make additional purchases with his company. Completely ridiculous, I'll pass.

I had our FZJ80 with 260k headgasket done there this past October before I had to head down to work at Overland Expo. Overall the expereince was great, he stayed on budget, sent me photos of the process and was top notch every step of the way. The only two issues I had was he did not burp it enough which my cruiser is a tempermental bear to do and I recently found out they damaged my oil level sender harness which I need to fix. Both very minor issues. So far 4000 miles on the work with no issues. I cannot speak for the retail side, but on a mechanics side I can vouch for Frank and the shop.

I never write reviews as I’m a pretty patient person....but this company stated in there add 6-8 weeks for delivery which fit my time frame for work that was being done in shop...After 8 weeks I started complaining. Every week Frank has another excuse. We’re into 13 weeks now and no closer to getting part.. Honestly if you didn’t bug him they would just forget about you! I don’t recommend buying anything from them, look around you can find it elsewhere. I should of looked here for review....buyer beware! Nothing Heavenly Here!

I had our FZJ80 with 260k headgasket done there this past October before I had to head down to work at Overland Expo. Overall the expereince was great, he stayed on budget, sent me photos of the process and was top notch every step of the way. The only two issues I had was he did not burp it enough which my cruiser is a tempermental bear to do and I recently found out they damaged my oil level sender harness which I need to fix. Both very minor issues. So far 4000 miles on the work with no issues. I cannot speak for the retail side, but on a mechanics side I can vouch for Frank and the shop.

Thanks for the input, guys.

The other thing I forgot to mention was that Frank agreed to do the PHH as part of the job. I bought a new replacement hose off of this forum and provided it when I dropped off the LX450. Well, when I picked up my truck after head gasket and everything was done, my PHH was still in its cardboard box, sitting on the front floorboard! They claimed they did it with their own replacement part, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Again, I tried to be patient, but ultimately the lack of communication after they did the work (like I no longer mattered after I paid them) is what upsets me the most.

Has anyone else had experience getting work done at Land Cruiser Heaven 4x4 shop in MD?

I had a head gasket job done there in July and am still having intermittent coolant issues. I've been having a hard time getting through to the owner, Frank, who doesn't seem to care about my concerns. The communication has been very slow/poor, and when he says he'll get back to me, it often doesn't happen.

I know a lot of people here on MUD have had issues the last couple of years with their product/retail side...specifically, poor communication and not getting their orders fulfilled in a timely manner, but not sure if that was the same with the repair shop or not.
Land Cruiser Heaven

Anyway, just wondering if this is a rare experience (just me). I am pretty dissatisfied with the customer service, so buyer beware!

P.S. I decided to take my business to another shop in Maryland, a guy who is servicing more and more Toyota LCs and building an excellent reputation rooted in customer service.

Hey. Just wondering who it is you started taking your LC to in Maryland?

Maybe you will be posting here again if you do take your wagon there.

Land Cruiser Heaven

I just toke my 80 there for an Engine swap and last week I check that the exchange my OEM engine bases were swap it to for a no OEM, the hood was put it unaligned, scratches on my the paint at the front, engine sides and hood.... Man, If you are to subcontract a Mechanic be aware and supervise every thing that hes doing.......

I made the mistake of ordering body parts from this company. Once they had my money, there was little to no communication other than Frank was out of the country. 10 weeks and still waiting on the parts. I would not recommend doing business with this company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom