Land Cruiser Grilles - headlight conversions and grilles (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I get stopped fairly often about mine, often by people with 3rd gen 4runners that want the same thing. I get a lot of "why the face" looks from on coming cruisers in traffic.

I just received my grill and 7” light housings combo for my 80!!!! This thing feels bombproof man!! I still have to test fit and then paint and install etc, but I am so pumped up now that it’s here! This dude Kelly put up with a bunch of my garbage trying to stuff a bracket for a 20” light I already had and wanted in a pretty specific location, dude didn’t complain about anything and just made sure he could accommodate what I was asking for. I feel like it’s also worth noting that the final fabrication and delivery of what I ordered fell directly in the middle of the Covid outbreak and consequential lockdown; I am quite sure this hampered Kelly’s workload and pretty much everything else in his life, as it has for all of us. I would have totally understood a delay, and another delivery date being arranged. Kelly did NOT choose to push his orders to the back burner, he CHOSE to press on and fulfill his customers orders; maybe you had to be involved in the situation, but I know for sure that this dude was pushing out at least 4 grilles with complete 7” headlight housings; if you’ve seen these things, you know they aren’t just thrown together by any means. I think it’s a testament to his professionalism and his personal character that he ensured his customers were taken care of in a very uncertain time etc. I couldn’t be more impressed with a vendor in these circumstances, much less doing all the custom adjustments to meet my needs over what must have been at least 4 design changes. THANK YOU so much Kelly!!! I’ll get some install pics posted up upon completion.

C6C4FFDC-225D-423F-B865-F3653226B6E1.jpeg
E71E9EEF-1BE3-4989-ADD8-46F7C14333FB.jpeg

I haven’t found the time today to conduct a proper fit check, but will certainly mention the fitment of the headlights into the housings as part of the installed post pics.

I’ve not really minded the Trusty old ARB bumper until it was pretty much blocking the nicer features of this grille and light combo from Kelly. the blackout paint prob isn’t helping differentiate either. I could not be more thrilled with the way that this turned out. I had a lot of problems with lighting before this, and Kelly has been able to integrate a request into his design and get me exactly what I wanted to end up with. It was a hard decision to make when I was committing the process, but I really couldn’t be happier and would one thousand percent do again!!! Thanks so much Kelly! I need to try and get some stickers out of you so I have something to point at for the questions, all the Toyota guys on my island are giving me the triple take and trying to to flag me down now! I think this looks and functions so much better than before, it kinda made me love my truck even more.... just saying. Thanks again Kelly!

That's a beauty, I love mine. Will those headlights fit without any sheet metal mods? I have 2"-ish HID projectors (can't recall the actual standard size) which are 4" long and they just fit with the bulb wiring bending at the radiator support. Can't go with the better 3"-ish projectors as they need about 6" of depth. :(

the lights fit great, I didn’t have to cut or modify in any way at all and actually got pretty lucky with the initial alignment of the bulbs. The Rigid lights I stuffed in there are about 4x Better than what I was dealing with before With the stock options.

I’ve not really minded the Trusty old ARB bumper until it was pretty much blocking the nicer features of this grille and light combo from Kelly. the blackout paint prob isn’t helping differentiate either. I could not be more thrilled with the way that this turned out. I had a lot of problems with lighting before this, and Kelly has been able to integrate a request into his design and get me exactly what I wanted to end up with. It was a hard decision to make when I was committing the process, but I really couldn’t be happier and would one thousand percent do again!!! Thanks so much Kelly! I need to try and get some stickers out of you so I have something to point at for the questions, all the Toyota guys on my island are giving me the triple take and trying to to flag me down now! I think this looks and functions so much better than before, it kinda made me love my truck even more.... just saying. Thanks again Kelly!
So awesome!! Thanks for all the positive feedback and the pictures.

Any updates on the 60 series headlight surrounds? If I recall you were working on those awhile back?

Thank you Kelly for the headlights! Though everyone powder coats, I decided to experiment and use primer + hammertone Grey. If this chips, I'll strip the paint and have it powder coated. Love the way it looks! Also makes me want to get bumpers and sliders now. And eventually a new grill. The slippery slope. lol

But prior to that I need to figure out and build a relay to split out the DRL signal.....

IMG_4663.jpeg
IMG_4666.jpeg

Thank you Kelly for the headlights! Though everyone powder coats, I decided to experiment and use primer + hammertone Grey. If this chips, I'll strip the paint and have it powder coated. Love the way it looks! Also makes me want to get bumpers and sliders now. And eventually a new grill. The slippery slope. lol

But prior to that I need to figure out and build a relay to split out the DRL signal.....

//looks great man! Plz let us know which way you go with splitting the light signal, and what relay setup works here. I’m assuming that if you hook them up “proper” that they stay locked in the bright position? I need to do the same. The splitter that Kelly provides can take the crimp or whatever, so that you don’t have to tap the stock wiring. I have the 20” on there if I need a bright in the meantime, but have same issue. Rattle can looks really good there dude. I was fighting doing my whole setup in white. May still someday.

OMG !! this is amazing. great work. I wish I hadn't sold my 100 series years ago. absolutely amazing. Do you think we could get a grill for a 2014 LX 570?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom