Land Cruiser FSM 1984 Repair Manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking through this FSM and noticed that the FJ60 isn't listed as a model covered, yet I've been told that it does apply to it.

I also noticed that in a couple of sections, it makes no reference to the 2F engine.

ex: Fan Belt routing...nothing about the 2F.

What gives?

I just noticed this on Toyota's publication website...

Publication Description Pub # Price Repair Manual FJ60 CHAS/BODY 36274A $8.82

This looks to be like the supplement to the 1984 Body and Chassis manual. I hope this covers everything about the 2F that the 84 manual does not.

Anyone know?

Thanks

I've never had any problems using my 1984 body and chassis manual (pub. num. 36262E). If you go to the toyota materials districution website (Toyota Parts and Service) it's the manual that's recommended for the "land cruiser" starting from 1981. Since it is not an engine manual, it doesn't really matter that it doesn't cover the 2F. Plus you get the benefit of sections for automatic trasmission, power windows & locks, etc.

If you want an engine manual, that is a separate manual. You can download one via here (https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/187253-emissions-repair-guide-link.html), or search for the publication number 36104.

I purchased the 1985 supplement from SOR (pub. no. 36274A). It has a section on front end alignment, rear wiper motor, speedometer operation check, repair procedures for the AC compressor and wiring diagrams. These are apparently sections that differ from the 1984 manual. The front of this manual references the 1984 C & B manual and the 2F engine manual.

Last edited:
I've never had any problems using my 1984 body and chassis manual (pub. num. 36262E). If you go to the toyota materials districution website (Toyota Parts and Service) it's the manual that's recommended for the "land cruiser" starting from 1981. Since it is not an engine manual, it doesn't really matter that it doesn't cover the 2F. Plus you get the benefit of sections for automatic trasmission, power windows & locks, etc.

If you want an engine manual, that is a separate manual. You can download one via here (https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/187253-emissions-repair-guide-link.html), or search for the publication number 36104.

Thanks, I'm retrieving it right now but I'm going to order the supplement tomorrow. I like having a hard copy of them too.

I think I saw one for the A/C system at SOR. Does anyone know what pulication number it is so I order it from Toyota Pulications?

Thanks again.

If what you are after is the fan belt routing for the 2F (USA and CAN), here it is.
belt routing.JPG

If what you are after is the fan belt routing for the 2F (USA and CAN), here it is.

Yeah, that's one of the things I was looking for. Where did that come from?

Thanks man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom