Land Cruiser Documentary- Rescheduled!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.expeditionswest.com
Land Cruiser Documentary- Rescheduled!!! Updated!!!

!!!UPDATE!!!

The Tonto National Forest is still closed, so we will be playing in Box Canyon and Martinez Mine area.

Here is the adjusted meeting information:

Meeting Date: No Change (7/12)

Meeting Time: 7:30 am

Meeting Location: The Chevron Gas Station on 79 in Florence, just across the road from the prisons. We will leave at 7:45 SHARP and travel Price road to Box Canyon. From there we will travel to Martinez Canyon and even allow some of the more modified vehicles to play further up the canyon past the cabins if they wish.

Ok amigos! The filming date is rescheduled to the 12th of July, which is a Tuesday. Sorry about the mid week timing, but I will making it up to you (see below).

The crew has their tickets and they are locked in. He is coming to AZ between interviews in So Cal and Colorado (Slee), so there will be no changes this time.

Isaac has a site now, that even has some footage to check out.

And it gets better: He has a few very cool distribution outlets for the DVD, so it should get great exposure.

And it gets even better :rolleyes: : I will be doing a write up on the documentary and the trail run for Toyota Trails, so you might get some Rag time too :cool:

Here are the details:

WHEN: July 12th, 2005

Meeting Location and Time: 8:15 Departure time
We will meet at Shea Blvd. and AZ87 (N33 34.041 W111 42.560, Datum WGS84) at 8:00 am (the early meeting time is to optimize light conditions for the film crew). There is a small shopping center with several fast food restaurants, etc. on the NW corner of the intersection. We will be departing the parking lot at 8:15 sharp.

From there, we will travel NE on AZ87 to our turn-off for Sunflower Mine.

Difficulty:
2.5-3.0 Rated Trail (1-5 scale) Larger vehicles will have to use more caution. 31" tires recommended. Locking differential or flexible suspension preferred, but not required with a good driver.

Communications:
CB:4
2M:146.460

LUNCH IS PROVIDED

So like before, this is what I need:

FJ40
FJ45
FJ55
FJ60/62
FZJ80
UZJ100

Any questions, just shoot me an email: guide@expeditionswest.com

Last edited:
Count me in Scott. I can make that. Looking forward to it. :bounce2:

If you end up short a stock 40 I'd be more than happy to make the run in my not so stock 40. Not looking for camera time I might like to tag along anyway. Maybe ride gunner in someone elses rig.

Youre welcome in my rig Branden.

Scott,
Thanks for the OK I'll see about scheduling that day off. I will know for sure next Monday or Tuesday. As local President I'd really like to be involved in one form or another on this run. Didn't want to just butt in though considering my rig isn't in the "Stock" category any longer.

If ya all want good light conditions you should get up there early - like 6:30 while it is still cool - and the sun is yellow...

Just a thought -

We should be camped up there - with the 40 and the 60...heat willing

freightdog said:
If ya all want good light conditions you should get up there early - like 6:30 while it is still cool - and the sun is yellow...

Just a thought -

We should be camped up there - with the 40 and the 60...heat willing

I won't be camping nor be able to start that early. Sorry.

I am out for this run. I left the 40 in Chino on Saturday until my yard gets done. I have the day off and would still like to come ride gun with someone if there is an open seat. Kevin?

BMAN said:
I am out for this run. I left the 40 in Chino on Saturday until my yard gets done. I have the day off and would still like to come ride gun with someone if there is an open seat. Kevin?

Or you can go in style and comfort with us in the 100. (Kidding Kevin. :D )

Ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom