Land Cruiser colors for dummies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rainman

Wondering what my next vehicle will be...
Threads
Fellow Cruiser heads. I've wanted a chart like this for years. One that's easier to see what the color looks like, more accurate than the stupid charts you find on Google Image, and well, more fun to look at. I'll be glad to update the chart when I can get good and color correct shots of the other colors. I'd like to keep the same look, so if you have any examples please PM them to me. I'll add the dune Beige 2NDCHNC shot when I get one to pair with it. I just couldn't find reliable shots for around 10 of the colors. I must give credit to FJ.co for supplying some of the images. I'm not looking for any credit or income from this and cropped them down significantly so I think I'm okay.

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you like it.

Note:
I would like to say I'm curious about the Rustic Green. Here, it looks blueish. Since the shot was professionally shot, I have to wonder if the repaints of that color have morphed to a more green over the years. One recent Rustic Green restoration I've seen had the color mixed and then changed, "Because it was too blue." Any Toyota guys out there know the real story?

Cruiser Colors.jpg

Last edited:
Fellow Cruiser heads. I've wanted a chart like this for years. One that's easier to see what the color looks like, more accurate than the stupid charts you find on Google Image, and well, more fun to look at. I'll be glad to update the chart when I can get good and color correct shots of the other colors. I'd like to keep the same look, so if you have any examples please PM them to me. I'll add the dune Beige 2NDCHNC shot when I get one to pair with it. I just couldn't find reliable shots for around 10 of the colors. I must give credit to FJ.co for supplying some of the images. I'm not looking for any credit or income from this and cropped them down significantly so I think I'm okay.

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you like it.

Note:
I would like to say I'm curious about the Rustic Green. Here, it looks blueish. Since the shot was professionally shot, I have to wonder if the repaints of that color have morphed to a more green over the years. One recent Rustic Green restoration I've seen had the color mixed and then changed, "Because it was too blue." Any Toyota guys out there know the real story?

View attachment 1861940

When choosing colors for our build, Rustic Green was very difficult to pin down. It looked very different between the different paint manufacturers. The sample pic above looks like an FJCo. truck and might be a semigloss which makes things even more difficult.

When choosing colors for our build, Rustic Green was very difficult to pin down. It looked very different between the different paint manufacturers. The sample pic above looks like an FJCo. truck and might be a semigloss which makes things even more difficult.
I just painted my 1979 FJ40 Rustic Green. You are right, I had two samples of paint mixed from you different manufacturers. PPG and Valspar. The Valspar was a tad deeper in color, and I choosed to use that. I used Single Stage.

You really can’t go by a photo on your computer or phone. There’s just too many variables to contend with.

The “medium” blue looks purple in that photo. Isn’t it called Nordic blue? Even the freeborn red looks off and the Pollux orange looks like school bus yellow.

I would like to say I'm curious about the Rustic Green. Here, it looks blueish.
There is a hint of blue in the real 621 Rustic Green.
BBA6EF02-36F7-49E4-848E-D4E9B5045250.jpeg

I think this FJ Company’s picture looks right:
classic-sport-rustic.png

ATTACH]

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-24_23-29-53.png
    upload_2018-12-24_23-29-53.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:
Two colors added...

Anyone have a really good shot of a Nebula Green Cruiser? Or Silver Grey? Pueblo Brown? Buffalo Brwon? I'm loving some single year colors:
Cadet Blue
Nebula Green (If I can see what it looks like.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom