Land Cruiser and garages (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So for those that garage their LC here in AZ do you have any issues with clearance?

I am running 315/75-16 with 850J and 860 with 30mm spacers, no roof racks either.

The wife and I are about to close on a place in Gilbert and I am worried that LC won't fit as I read most garage door heights at 7'.

I believe standard heights are 7 and 8 feet on the doors. My current house has a 7 foot and mine won’t fit but my last house had an 8 foot and even my 4runner on 37’s fit that door. You’d have to measure to know for sure

I believe standard heights are 7 and 8 feet on the doors. My current house has a 7 foot and mine won’t fit but my last house had an 8 foot and even my 4runner on 37’s fit that door. You’d have to measure to know for sure

Yeah that’s what I was seeing that standard height is either 7 feet or 8 feet I did buy a tape measure to see the approximate height of the Land Cruiser before I damage my roof line trying to get it in there.

if I have to I’ll just deflate the tires... LOL

Adjust the door stop so it's lowest point is slightly above the door opening to get max clearance. There's a travel stop built in to the garage door opener. You probably already know this just in case you didnt...

My 80 with the same suspension and tire size fit in my standard garage (house was built in 81). Not much clearance, but it fit without worry.

My 100 hasn't been in a garage in almost 2 years. RTT won't clear anything under 7.5 feet, garage door is 7 feet.

To really know need to measure how the opening was framed. Can adjust the door to clear the header but can't adjust the header higher without a lot work. My garage up north could have been a little taller and wider. Seals nice along top and sides would have rather had the extra clearance. Have a garage in the valley with a 8'X16' door. PO built the garage for his cigar boat.

C8F6A109-C053-4729-B535-78EECC11C123.jpeg

Here is my FJ40 squeezing out. The radio antennae is the only thing that touches. My 80 is just as close with the factory roof rack. 7 foot door.

our 80s on 315s with ~2.5" lifts make it by just about 1.5-2 inches (LX has the roof rack, 80 doesn't - same tires on both) - the 40 is close (not sure whether it will go in once the Bestop soft top bows are installed)

My build thread shows my 7' door and how I just barely cleared with 315's, OME heavy lift, and my custom load bars. My LED light touches the door seal! I think you will be fine with your set up.

You'll have to measure to be sure. Even standard height 7 foot doors are not exact. I've fit my 80 (OME 850j and 863, 315s) with Campteq on it in the garage. 80 had to be fully loaded for trip to fit. I have a standard, "7 ft" opening. As you will find out, lots of variables.

I have mine set up like most above with j springs and 315 75 16 tires, I had to adjust the garage door stop like @msahr mentioned, raising just above the garage opening and it just clears, 7’ door.

Thanks for all the input. Two weeks until we find out if it fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom