Land Cruiser Actuator Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

So I am trying to learn as much as I can about the actuators on the 80 series. There are three of them if you have the front and rear lockers. They can wear out, get gummed up and just not work at times. So I am trying to put together some information on how to find a solution to my situation as well as others that might have the same issue.

- Is there an actual toyota part number for these? Can they still be ordered via toyota parts?
- Is there any aftermarket manufacturer that makes an actuator that will work?
- Are all of the actuators the same (i.e. interchangeable) between the front, center and rear?
- Anybody aware of a company or guy that can rebuild an existing actuator?

In my limited research on these, it seems the only ones available are junk yard finds that carry a big premium. I would love to find a junk yard actuator and have my existing one rebuilt and keep as a spare.

Thanks in advance

Yes there is a part number but i do not have.

Several have converted to an air actuated mechanism

the front and rear are available new from toyota but around ~350 IIRC, not certain but pretty sure they do not interchange. As well ctr is different than front or rear.

Have you opened it up and cleaned it yet? Beyond repair? Or just speculating before getting in there to see?

Hey Guys,

So I am trying to learn as much as I can about the actuators on the 80 series. There are three of them if you have the front and rear lockers. They can wear out, get gummed up and just not work at times. So I am trying to put together some information on how to find a solution to my situation as well as others that might have the same issue.

- Is there an actual toyota part number for these? Can they still be ordered via toyota parts?
- Is there any aftermarket manufacturer that makes an actuator that will work?
- Are all of the actuators the same (i.e. interchangeable) between the front, center and rear?
- Anybody aware of a company or guy that can rebuild an existing actuator?

In my limited research on these, it seems the only ones available are junk yard finds that carry a big premium. I would love to find a junk yard actuator and have my existing one rebuilt and keep as a spare.

Thanks in advance

Hit up the FAQ section.....your answers are all there.
80-series FAQ

the front and rear are available new from toyota but around ~350 IIRC, not certain but pretty sure they do not interchange.

Last I checked, well over double that. Have refurbished a bunch of them. One of the problems is the breathers, extending, relocating helps. They are available new, outside of Toyota, the Aisin part numbers; front SAT002, rear SAT001.

Was hoping they would all be interchangeable. Does anybody on the forum or elsewhere rebuild/refurbish these actuators? It would be nice to just remove, mail to someone and have it rebuilt.

Was hoping they would all be interchangeable. Does anybody on the forum or elsewhere rebuild/refurbish these actuators? It would be nice to just remove, mail to someone and have it rebuilt.
not hard to remove, clean up, regrease, reseal, reclock
significant threads on here how to do so
here is one with a PDF linked that is fairly detailed
Repairing Differential E-Lockers

Rock Auto has new front and rear Aisin, and standard motor products actuators in stock.
TOYOTA 1994 LAND CRUISER 4.5L L6 Drivetrain 4WD Actuator
Price

AISIN SAT002 {#4145060060} Differential Lock Actuator Info
Front (Only 3 Remaining)

prevIMGbig.png

SAT002-1__ra_t.jpg

nextIMGbig.png

$265.79
Add to Cart
right_arrow_white.png

AISIN SAT001 {#4145060041, 4145060042} Differential Lock Actuator Info
Rear (Only 2 Remaining)

prevIMGbig.png

SAT001-1__ra_t.jpg

nextIMGbig.png

$388.99
Add to Cart
right_arrow_white.png

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS J78003 {#4145060060} TechSmart Info
Front

prevIMGbig.png

J78003bottom__ra_t.jpg

nextIMGbig.png

$393.79
Add to Cart
right_arrow_white.png

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS J78002 {#4145060042} TechSmart Info
Rear

prevIMGbig.png

J78002photo%20primary__ra_t.jpg

nextIMGbig.png

$579.79
Add to Cart
right_arrow_white.png

The way i read it, It would seem that Tools R Us just confirmed in his post right above yours that Aisin are in fact what you'll be getting right out of the box from your Toyota dealership, seeing as Aisin is the OEM manufacturer of these actuators. So buying them from Rock Auto would be in fact the least expensive way to get " Toyota" parts for less money, they just won't be packaged in a red and white Toyota box.

So are those Rockauto aisin parts like for like with the Toyota units? I had no idea so thanks for confirming if so.

Have never been able to detect a difference between Aisin from Toyota and Aisin from Aisin. Have only seen one questionable case, a 2F motor water pump, from ebay, likely counterfeit, everything, box, etc was slightly off. Cruiser Outfitters has lots of experience, if you are concerned, call Kurt, Aisin from him is for sure genuine. Cruiser Outfitters

Rock Auto has new front and rear Aisin, and standard motor products actuators in stock.
TOYOTA 1994 LAND CRUISER 4.5L L6 Drivetrain 4WD Actuator
Price

AISIN SAT002 {#4145060060} Differential Lock Actuator Info
Front (Only 3 Remaining)

prevIMGbig.png

SAT002-1__ra_t.jpg

nextIMGbig.png

$265.79
Add to Cart
right_arrow_white.png

AISIN SAT001 {#4145060041, 4145060042} Differential Lock Actuator Info
Rear (Only 2 Remaining)

prevIMGbig.png

SAT001-1__ra_t.jpg

nextIMGbig.png

$388.99
Add to Cart
right_arrow_white.png

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS J78003 {#4145060060} TechSmart Info
Front

prevIMGbig.png

J78003bottom__ra_t.jpg

nextIMGbig.png

$393.79
Add to Cart
right_arrow_white.png

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS J78002 {#4145060042} TechSmart Info
Rear

prevIMGbig.png

J78002photo%20primary__ra_t.jpg

nextIMGbig.png

$579.79
Add to Cart
right_arrow_white.png

Damb that's cheap. I just paid about $1100 US (1600 NZL) for my genuine CDL actuator from Toyota part number Part # 36410-60050

Have never been able to detect a difference between Aisin from Toyota and Aisin from Aisin. Have only seen one questionable case, a 2F motor water pump, from ebay, likely counterfeit, everything, box, etc was slightly off. Cruiser Outfitters has lots of experience, if you are concerned, call Kurt, Aisin from him is for sure genuine. Cruiser Outfitters

Thanks!

We do stock all of the AISIN e-locker actuators including front and rear from the 80 Series. Give us a call if we can be of help! 801-563-1277

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom