Land cruiser 70 Vs Patrol y61 and I'm confused (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
LAND CRUISER VS PATROL.

Two competitor that's I love bothe are pickup cars but for my next plan I'm confused what to choose.

There's some pros and cons for both pickups

Land cruiser pros:
Two engines V6 benzin and V8 diesel
Small infotainment system with apple car play
Winch
Rear camera
Built in air compressor
Wireless charger
Front and rear diff-locks
180L fuel tank combined

Land cruiser cons:
No automatic transmission (for me I'm happy with that)
No cruise control
Horse power 228
Expensive
Only real solid axel
Light front axle

Patrol pros:
Automatic transmission
Cheaper than the land cruiser in price
Bigger displacement engine 4.8 inline 6 while land cruiser 4.0 V6
Horse power 280
Front and rear solid axels
175L fuel tank combined

Patrol cons:
No front diff-lock only rear diff-lock
No diesel engine
No cruise control
No infotainment system
Old interior decoration since 1998

All vehicles are fantastic but for the patrol the engine block can handle 1500hp+ for tuning but I need a car for daily use not for racing.

IMG_20230328_164920.jpg
IMG_20230328_160709.jpg

Get whichever one has the most cupholders 😜

You do not mention use case. But if you need to haul anything on a regular basis, or pull a trailer - get diesel. Otherwise, you might have better luck getting opinions on a forum in AU where these vehicles are sold and used regularly.

Just to correct you on one of your "con's", the 70-series Land Cruisers most definitely have a solid axle both front and back ;)
I believe you can install a Cruise Control module on both 1GR and 1VD engined-70 Series. It's not even aftermarket per se, rather the module is from other models of the same type that was equipped with CC.
If you're speaking of tuning the engine I'm guessing you want to do some dune bashing, in which case neither of these vehicles are truly ideal. :)

Just to correct you on one of your "con's", the 70-series Land Cruisers most definitely have a solid axle both front and back ;)
I believe you can install a Cruise Control module on both 1GR and 1VD engined-70 Series. It's not even aftermarket per se, rather the module is from other models of the same type that was equipped with CC.
If you're speaking of tuning the engine I'm guessing you want to do some dune bashing, in which case neither of these vehicles are truly ideal. :)
In GCC we know the y61 has a stronger front axle than the 70 series.

Screenshot_2023-03-28-22-04-04-331-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

(Lighter axle since 1998 but it's solid but not as the y61)

I know that I can install in both pickups cruise control and it's original parts but I'm talking from factory it comes without cruise control.

I said about tuning as extra not as I want but what better engine in tuning only. Looks like you don't know LIWA racing.

Get whichever one has the most cupholders 😜

You do not mention use case. But if you need to haul anything on a regular basis, or pull a trailer - get diesel. Otherwise, you might have better luck getting opinions on a forum in AU where these vehicles are sold and used regularly.
Yeah as daily use I'm not that into pull anything but I'm inclined to 70 series especially the 70th anniversary 😍 and classic badge
IMG_20230328_221507.jpg
IMG_20230328_221535.jpg
IMG_20230328_221554.jpg
IMG_20230328_221706.jpg
IMG_20230328_221831.jpg

pretty sure you'd get made fun of by your GCC buddies for NOT owning a toyota landcruiser....
kind of a status symbol no?
and of course leave the plastic wrap on everything 😁

Hello,

It is interesting that the Y61 Patrol is still available in the GCC.

Get the 79 Series and do not look back.

Juan

Keep in mind this is a Land Cruiser site, thus an echo chamber for Land Cruisers, so the majority (if not unanimous) choice will be the Land Cruiser.

Having said that, my vote is the 79 as well, with the VDJ. The 4.0L is fine (we got it in the tacoma/4runner) but the VDJ is something special IMHO. The Patrol engine on the other hand, if its the one we got in the Titan/Armada over here, is a thirsty beast. Not saying it doesn't have it's upsides, but range is important in a 4WD, in my estimation.

As far as tuning, I'm not sure how that's relevant for a daily? Are you speaking about it from a durability standpoint? VDJ has been proven in the outback, and has also been cranked up in the aftermarket. Not to 1500 hp, but its not really engineered for that use case.

No bad choices, but you wanted opinions... From the Echo chamber. 🔊🔊

Keep in mind this is a Land Cruiser site, thus an echo chamber for Land Cruisers, so the majority (if not unanimous) choice will be the Land Cruiser.

Having said that, my vote is the 79 as well, with the VDJ. The 4.0L is fine (we got it in the tacoma/4runner) but the VDJ is something special IMHO. The Patrol engine on the other hand, if its the one we got in the Titan/Armada over here, is a thirsty beast. Not saying it doesn't have it's upsides, but range is important in a 4WD, in my estimation.

As far as tuning, I'm not sure how that's relevant for a daily? Are you speaking about it from a durability standpoint? VDJ has been proven in the outback, and has also been cranked up in the aftermarket. Not to 1500 hp, but its not really engineered for that use case.

No bad choices, but you wanted opinions... From the Echo chamber. 🔊🔊

When I said tuning I didn't mean that I'll do it just as advance because the patrol y61 engine made by iron cast and when I said it can handle 1000+ or 1500+ because the engine it's so popular for tuning check LIWA racing in UAE and you will understand what I mean.

The y61 patrol 4.8 inline 6 cylinders never been released in norther america.

Y61 is rarer worldwide (particularly in pickup) and more of a collector in longterm.
Will be easier to spot your car in the car park and not be a clone of your friends.
The 4.8 L6 engine is a beast and legendary, and I think you don't have any problem with petrol price over there.

VDJ is still a tractor diesel engine and is not the most tolerant to bad fuel and abuses. The 1HZ is a goat, can eat anything and go over anything but not very fast x)
The 1GR is a good engine but doesn't have the personality and very low end torque of the former 1FZ or the Nissan 4.8.

Y61 is rarer worldwide (particularly in pickup) and more of a collector in longterm.
Will be easier to spot your car in the car park and not be a clone of your friends.
The 4.8 L6 engine is a beast and legendary, and I think you don't have any problem with petrol price over there.

VDJ is still a tractor diesel engine and is not the most tolerant to bad fuel and abuses. The 1HZ is a goat, can eat anything and go over anything but not very fast x)
The 1GR is a good engine but doesn't have the personality and very low end torque of the former 1FZ or the Nissan 4.8.
Looks like you know what you want based on the rebuttals you are providing. Get a Patrol. Nothing Toyota will get you 1500hp.

You're encouraging me to choose Nissan patrol
Actually I liked what you said about the Nissan but because of the shape of the land cruiser 70 the 70th anniversary actually I'm confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom