Builds 2001 LC HZJ78 AK -RESTORATION- For Overland (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where are you in Quebec?
There were a few guys driving by Winnipeg and stop by my shop with cruiser problems
Once a guy was driving from bc to Saint John and I rebuilt his bj70 h55 in 5 days and off he went
I am up North in the Laurentian in the valley of St-Sauveur

My plan is to drive all the way to the east coast this summer but might not be possible because of covid
There was a guy from Quebec with a hzj75 who stopped by last summer just can’t remember his name off my head, he was moving his daughter from bc back home

Sorry it was a bj75

Where’s the tailgate kitchen from?

Someone is getting a rebuild next week front & rear! This will add up to the setup this was a must for me that will go off-road in remote area's in the desert sands, muddy terrains and mountains...

Thanks to Roark & @orangefj45 at Cruiserbrothers for the very good service wow!!!

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

Making some small progress.

Played around with elock assembly since the shop I chose didn't want to do the job...

Meantime received my new alternator for the energy section 390 AMP :)
IMG_4335.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the rear locker assembly is done. On the rear diff housing 2, the stud are longer will need to order this and wait to complete the torques
IMG_4597.jpg
IMG_4598.jpg

Here's a quick shot of the front diff housing with Knuckles with fresh race. Waiting on some parts to finish the front diff Elock oil seal was wrong in the Yukon kit also didn't provide oil deflector for the pignon

IMG_4631.jpg
IMG_4630.jpg

Here's a shoot of the front 3rd member. We build a bracket to hold it in...The torque on the pignon nut is insane. The ratio will stay the same 4.30 but down the road will be changing transmission

64520275799__528E02B5-19E4-4F68-9716-1ADBE7E70B95.fullsizerender.JPG

Did you just plug the lights directly in or did you need some type of resistor since they’re LEDs?

Meantime I waiting for my Diff still in Australia ETA is April

View attachment 2579932

Also changed my lights

View attachment 2579933
Meantime I waiting for my Diff still in Australia ETA is April

View attachment 2579932

Also changed my lights

View attachment 2579933
Did you just plug the new LED headlights directly into the stock harness or did you need resistors?

Did you hear a click when reaching required torque🤪
Very nicely done. The jig for holding the diff centre is a brilliant idea too. Well done

Haha this was just to get close to the torque spec because this guy is hard to torque :p Used the 1/2 torque after

A long-range fuel tank installed 180L + 90 in the front will need another 20-30L to top 300L overall.
Rear suspension fitted too with Elock done in Dwizz housing...

Does anyone know where to buy a wiring harness rear section I discovered some nasty stuff... see picture #2

IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4707.jpg

Oh my, what on earth is that nasty disaster in your rear wiring harness? Yikes!

Yes a disaster but in luck that I am found it !!! The previous owner must have done this... I want to replace the full wire harness but it's not available
will fix properly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom