For Sale Land Cruiser 200 Series ARB Build, Portland Oregon (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2008 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER

103,000 MILES
Immaculate condition inside and out
Fully Factory Equipped with Navigation, Rear Seat Entertainment, Backup Camera, Crawl Control Heated Front and Rear Seats
Push Button Start and Smart Key Entry
Land Cruiser Carpet and Rubber Matts
3 Rows, Seating for 8
All the following was added in 2015:

ARB Rear Modular Bumper with Swing Away Tire Carrier and Fuel Carrier ARB Deluxe Front Bumper with Warn XPS Winch
ARB Full Roof Rack
ARB OME BP-51 Lifted Suspension
Carbon Fiber Protection Kit
Daylighters Front Flood Lights
All Professionally Installed Components by ARB Dealer Fully Serviced

2008 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER.pdf

Price $35k

Land cruiser.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Yes clean paint under it. I don’t believe it would be too difficult to remove. I did not put them on however so I’m not aware of the product and application. They seem very well done, and I was told they are there to protect against scratches should you off-road the vehicle. I’ll see if I can do some research online to find the product which will hopefully give me clarity on removal process

It looks like vinyl wrap should be stupid easy to remove, looking at how clean this 200 is I highly doubt it was put on to hide anything.

Any photos of the undercarriage?
Do you have a build thread for the 200?
Has the radiator been replaced? What about timing chain or water pump?
What works and what dosen't?
What's due for replacement?
Any shakes or rattles?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Kmotte

I will update this thread with some additional pictures of engine bay and undercarriage. The vehicle has been garage kept at all times and based on its condition likely not off roaded so it really is in excellent condition.

Engine bay looks perfect. Timing chain has not been replaced and I don’t believe it needs to be like the older belts did. The radiator has not been replaced. Everything is working. No issues or rattles. Engine and gearbox run like the vehicle is new.

I am not the original owner - the vehicle was donated to a church by the original owner. It has been titled in my name and I am selling it on. Prior to donating the vehicle the original owner did a full service at Toyota in vouncover, Washington. I haven’t yet called the dealer to find out what was done but I can do that. There is a service history in the glove compartment and it all looks in order. The same Toyota dealer has always been used for servicing.

Hope this helps. I do have multiple interested parties but I’ve been traveling internationally. I’ll be contacting a first right of refusal party today (Friday) and will update this thread on sale status.

Thank you

Rich.

Hello All

The Land Cruiser is now sold.

Thank you

Rich.

Sold

Last edited:
Bought a 2018 tundra. I'm in the landscape biz, and in the end I just like having a truck bed for work, hauling my motorcycle around, etc. Not an easy decision, the cruiser is pretty awesome. Came down to me having a hard time committing this much money to a vehicle I couldn't use to make money.

Last edited:
Nice looking rig. When you say the VSC light comes and goes - is this something that just started, or did it come from the previous owner like that? Is it happening while in curves due to the added weight?

I noticed it on the drive home from Oregon. Seems like maybe it comes on more frequently as time goes on. Haven't noticed a correlation with curves...I'll start paying attention

Seemed very sketchy from day 1, but this certainly confirms something is seriously wrong with it. 3 owners in 12 months (at least one of which came to Mud looking for help fixing wiring issues) tells me people should stay far away.

Posting VIN in case someone googles it:

JTMHY05J385000845

Seemed very sketchy from day 1, but this certainly confirms something is seriously wrong with it. 3 owners in 12 months (at least one of which came to Mud looking for help fixing wiring issues) tells me people should stay far away.

Posting VIN in case someone googles it:

JTMHY05J385000845

100% wrong here.

Original owner donated it to his church after taking very good care of it. Was snatched up by a local guy just gaining an interest in cruisers (OP above.) Wife wanted a new unmodded version, which they ended up buying (hint: check out his Avatar) so they listed the vehicle. I flew up to Oregon, bought it and drove it home. It was as clean as advertised. I drove it around, loved it, and sold it simply because I needed a truck more. Now, anyone that knows me was not surprised - not only have I owned 6 cruisers in the last 12 years, I've owned almost one of everything else during that time. I go through a LOT of vehicles, because that's my thing...maybe some folks here could relate.
The guy I sold it to traded it in to our local dealer in order to get a tundra. Not sure why, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same reason as me.
Now, when I saw that this was back on the market the other day, I seriously considered going up and making an offer. I also forwarded the link to my brother and tried talking him into getting it. Do you think I would do that if it was a lemon?
I wouldn't hesitate to own this again if I could swing the finances. Pretty happy with my 2018 tundra that just had it's 10k mi service today, but even so, it was a temptation. I think this vehicle is a great buy.
John

Last edited:
I was surprised to see it listed again, I seriously considered selling my 2013 and buying this from the OP seemed like a bargain with all the mods. What happened to the original wheels I actually really liked that look?

I noticed the wheels - the method wheels were on when I sold it to him. I wonder if he kept the wheels and tires and put some cheap tundra take offs when he traded it in? I had put brand new Toyo Open country tires on before I decided to sell, and these tires look different as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom