Land Cruiser 200 Diesel shaking at iddle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. I need your help. From few months my land cruiser 2008 ( 250.000km ) its begin to shaking at iddle. the car is working properly but when I start to desacelerated and stop the car complete.... the car begin to shake at iddle. and whet the car is acelerate again, its shakes until it reach 1000 rmp .......any clue ?? engine mounts looks great, also an intake clean and injectors cleaning was perform as well.... and the problem its still showing worst every time. Thanks

I know absolutely zero about diesels. But the problem certainly seems similar to bad motor mounts in a petrol engine. Some Toyota/Lexus petrol motor mounts have a fluid bladder inside the rubber part of the mount. Could be that have been ruptured and the fluid leaked out leaving the mount with excess ability to move and less damping to control the movement.

Usual (easy) test (for automatic transmissions) is to put foot on brake, transmission in drive, and give it a bit of throttle. Have someone watch engine to see how much it moves on the mount. Repeat the step only with the transmission in reverse.

As stated, I don't know diesel but hope this helps anyway.

I know absolutely zero about diesels. But the problem certainly seems similar to bad motor mounts in a petrol engine. Some Toyota/Lexus petrol motor mounts have a fluid bladder inside the rubber part of the mount. Could be that have been ruptured and the fluid leaked out leaving the mount with excess ability to move and less damping to control the movement.

Usual (easy) test (for automatic transmissions) is to put foot on brake, transmission in drive, and give it a bit of throttle. Have someone watch engine to see how much it moves on the mount. Repeat the step only with the transmission in reverse.

As stated, I don't know diesel but hope this helps anyway.
Thanks , for sure I will . Not noticeable leaks in the past . And the mounts have 14 years now

Have you tried checking for stored codes with a diagnostic computer? Some codes won’t necessarily trigger a light on the dashboard.

First world problem. Oh wait...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom