Land Cruiser; 1...........Lexus; 0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Threads
Short story, this model lexus;

http://images.autobytel.com/cyber/159169/i19465-A_1.jpg

ran a stop sign about 20-30 feet in front of me and there was nothing that I could do. My cruiser ran into the driver's front quarter of his car and bent the hell out of everything. I will have pics later tonight, but I thought that I should post another thread about how well these things are built.

The long story will come when I get the pics back.

Land Cruisers forever

:beer: :beer:

look at it as an oppourtunity, If it is a V8 lexus offer him cash for the wreck, then repower your 60 with an all alloy V8....awesome. then have a lexus burning party.

Thanks for the apologies guys. I was devistated when it happened, that is until I realized that the other guy was driving a $50,000 plus car.

I will have some pretty radical pics for you tomorrow it looks like. Fortunately, I drove it home from the wreck which saved me from a towing bill, thank god.

I see this as an opportunity to eliminate all the rust in the front of my truck, as well as the rear. Plus, I will have to get new headlamps and a new bumper that I don't necessarily have to but back to stock. I just hope that I get enough money from his insurance company to fund a new front end!

Can't wait for pics.

BTW, the name of the LC is now Humpty Dumpty.

:beer:

"humpty dumpty drove down the rode....hit a lexus and fell the F#@K apart.....all the kings horses and all the kings men.....couldn't put humpty together again.....BUT JOHNNY COULD!!!! (and steve thanks to his amazing wrench passing skills)"

My good friend who promised to help me fix her up again. It's good to have amazing friends.

:beer::beer:

post pics. Make sure they use all toyota parts. You should have enough for an ARB min! There is another thread on here with a guy who recently had a wreck. He has costs for a few things and pics of his damage. At least it was not your fault. look fwd to pics.

cool...hope you get some good $ outta the deal

nuclearlemon said:
cool...hope you get some good $ outta the deal

I hope to!!

As for the pics, I took them on my friend's camera phone, so he has to download them and email them to me. The thing is that he dosen't have time tonight so he will tomorrow. It was crazy. Lexus totally destroyed.

This could definitely be a blessing in disguise. Hope that they dont give you too much trouble in getting your money. Good luck

I'm having flash backs to last Friday afternoon. Looking forward to the pics.

So how hard would it be to replace these parts; radiator crossmember, front quarter fenders, the passenger side inner fender, the bumper, the sheetmetal that goes under the grill and headlights on both sides?

Just curious.

get a shop to do it. that way if there is more damage then the insurance company will have to fix it. And from other posts you have done, I wouldnt recomend you trying to tackle it. No offense I wouldnt either. Just trying to save you some grief.

In my opinion it would be alot less difficult than rebuilding my carb or replacing the manifolds, which I conquered if I do say so myself. I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that has taken off or replaced these parts. I was looking for tips and stuff, but whatever.

The extra shop dough would go into new springs. :beer:

Here are the pics. They are @&@&@&@&ty due to my friend's picture phone, but at least I have them.
1220051557.jpg
1220051558.jpg
1220051559a.jpg

do they still pay to fix 60's or do they just total them? im lucky in wa state they have a new law where they just cut your check and you get to do whatever you want with it. you dont even have to fix your car

So here's what happened. I was driving down a street called The Plaza. The Plaza is fairly big, so a couple of the side streets that intersect with it have stop signs while The Plaza does not. This particualr side street was called Sumner. I was coming up to Sumner going about 30 mph. When I was about 30 feet away from the intersection, I see this white lexus run the stop sign without hesitation. I slam on my brakes and slide right into him. My passenger front quarter impacted his driver front quarter. It was hard enough that I made his car whip around and hit my cruiser again in the back behind my passenger rear wheel well. Anyway, the douchebag confessed to myself and the police that he was 100% at fault, and the policeman made sure to record that in the report.

So the good thing is that I will be getting a check from the other guy's insurance company while my rates stay the same, I hope.

Anyway, the obvious pieces are destroyed on my truck, the fender, the bumper, the grille, the headlight assemblies, the metal below the grille, the headlight mounting metal, the radiator crossmember and the inner fenderwell. I got a price from a guy in the parts section for $250 for all the parts I need aside from the bumper. I think that I can do it. Any opinions?

It's pretty terrible, but it'll get on the road again soon enough.

I need alot of these;

:beer::beer:

brett76 said:
do they still pay to fix 60's or do they just total them? im lucky in wa state they have a new law where they just cut your check and you get to do whatever you want with it. you dont even have to fix your car

I don't know. The other guy's adjuster is going to come some time this month, and he's going to tell me what he's going to do. I hope that it isn't totaled though.

:frown:

Where the end of hi car hit my cruier, the part that hit my cruiser, where I hit his Lexus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom