Lame tailgate configurations Q from an 80-series guy. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin
Threads
So a buddy who brought back a 60 had a body where the rear hatch was a single piece unit that swung to RH side hinges - no hatch glass & tailgate as I’m used to on a F(z)J80 like USDM stuff, and not ambulance doors for whatever countries/NATO got.

I swear from pure pedestrian level knowledge of 60’s they had a full vertical hatch for USDM rigs - but I’m a full newb in 60 world.

-What is the most common rear hatch configuration for the USDM 60?

-If a hatch & tailgate like an 80, was there a vertical full hatch?

-Is my buddy’s import 60 he bought before a PCS/military with the RH full gate hinge a common ROW configuration?

Thanks guys - I’ll “owe you one” -when you ask 1FZ-FE questions :cheers: :hillbilly:

Can you get a picture of his set up? Sounds unique. The standard 60 set up didn't change much in appearance or operation from the 60 to 80 series. Well other than the 60 is much better looking...;)

Next time I get out with him (he’s still in, stationed out of NAS Whidbey) - I just wondered about the way his 1-piece hatch opened horizontally w/ a RH hinge.

I know he brought it out of a ROW country (never asked at the time) - but dang if I didn’t think it was unique. No clue the powerplant/drivetrain.

I’d just seen it casually as we were tossing some of his recovery gear in the back of my old LX450, we were going out to Walker Valley ORV, a place known for “eating quarterpanels/ LWB rigs”.

At the moment I’d never thought about it, but now in retrospect I never saw a single-piece swing-gate — so it got me wondering. I’m 100% it was a RH swing/hinge as I was parked to the LH side & we had super easy access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom