Lambs and farm life

One of two coyotes that were chasing the dog a couple of weeks ago. Rare daytime appearance. Mostly, coyotes only are heard at night, but these two were aggressively chasing my Pitbull close to the cabin. Pegged this one at 65 yards on the run. The other one was hit but ran back into the woods. It's two less to worry about with the sheep around.
IMG_2124.JPG

Great photos and lifestyle, please keep them coming!
I may actually have a chance to escape city life as my son is a 4th yr animal sciences major.
I'm hoping he pursues vet school and becomes a large animal vet.

Great photos and lifestyle, please keep them coming!
I may actually have a chance to escape city life as my son is a 4th yr animal sciences major.
I'm hoping he pursues vet school and becomes a large animal vet.
Make it happen, you'll love farm life. Vets make big money these days and are well respected!

The pinestraw is ready for harvesting this week. It will be delivered up and down the east coast in bales. It's not that dirty brown crap that you get at the Home Depot. Fresh fallen Long leaf pinestraw is the best quality. Time to sharpen up the rake.
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2193.JPG

Make it happen, you'll love farm life. Vets make big money these days and are well respected!
My daughter has her heart set on being vet who works on Marine animal. I bet she ends up specializing in a veterinary field for small animals. Whatever she sets her goals of doing I pretty sure she will carry it out.

Thanks for the cool farm pics. Fun to listen to my dogs at night bark at the howling coyotes.

Hopefully some new photos coming soon?

Anywhere near Alma? My wife has relatives that live out that way, I may have to visit them soon.

Mo pics....

Chilling on a warm fall day.
IMG_2234.JPG

Pepper overlooking the flock.
IMG_2240.JPG

Hair ball attack.
IMG_2247.JPG

Hopefully some new photos coming soon?

Anywhere near Alma? My wife has relatives that live out that way, I may have to visit them soon.
I believe Alma is a couple of hours to the northeast of us on the other side of I-75. It's a dot on the map but Alma is known for it's blueberry farms. Lots of grey acidic soil in that area, which is what blueberries crave.

jvalex

SILVER Star
Very disappointed to just be discovering this thread. Dream life, right here - and a reminder of my roots.

PS I know them needles make you $$

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom