Lakeside Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They recommended that I go to the Mudhole. I just called the Mudhole and they do not align vehicles, and they do not have the specific road force balancing machine ( Hunter 9700) to balance my TRD trims as per the Toyota Service bulletin addressing issues with these rims.

Are the tires too wide for that rim or something? What the hell is the difference what size tire is mounted on it as long as the rim is not too narrow? I would ha ve a discussion with the service manager. Don't they know you're the GATOR? :lol:

Last edited:
I'm being told by a friend that Souther Tires in airline and David drive. They have this road force balancing machine. I might go there soon make sure my tires are balanced correctly. In Veterans between clearview and cleary is Delta World Tire...I know they don't play around: Deltas number is 504-888-7010

I bought my FJ at Ray Brandt and that's where I take it for my scheduled services. I like the service department there. They are prompt, friendly, and seem quite capable. :clap:

Just picked up my FJC.

The paperwork said the tires were rotated. I asked how was that possible because I forgot to tell them where the spline socket and the lock nut adapters were stashed. The service person replied that they had all of the different Toyota lock nut adapter combinations in the back and that's how they did the rotation. Every other dealership that I have been to has asked for the lug nut adapters, but his response is at least plausible. Then I asked him if they performed a five tire rotation, and the response was yes. When they brought my FJC around, I could tell there had not been a five tire rotation, because the tire on my swingout had armorall still on it. This was left over from the quick sprucing up I did for 4XFest. When I asked about this, the service person informed me that they only do 4 tire rotations. This upset me because he earlier in the day told me that they weren't going to touch my tires because I had a "lift" . So if they did do a four tire rotation, then I now have to reverse engineer the rotation, to rotate in my 5th tire. At this point, I'm not sure what they did or did not do. They have caused more problems than they have solved. All I have gotten out of this was a lot of wasted time. more work to do, and an idiot light turned off.

Lakeside Toyota is now dead to me.

Sorry I just needed to vent and wanted to give fair warning to my fellow LLK brethren.

Last edited:
I bought my FJ at Ray Brandt and that's where I take it for my scheduled services. I like the service department there. They are prompt, friendly, and seem quite capable. :clap:

AND, they have Krispy Kremes and the Service Department doesn't smell like mold.

Sorry about all the issues Kevin. You may consider calling Charles at NST and asking for some help getting through to someone at Lakeside that may be able to make this right.

At this point I would just say that Lakeside Toyota is NOT one of our sponsors yet and they have no real connection with LLK other than their owner also owns Northshore Toyota. That is in no way an excuse for what Kevin has experienced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom