Lake Hawley trail run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These dates are for the 2018 run. The 2019 dates are in post 10.

Hey guys, If anyone is interested, August 11, there is a trail run. Its up out of Graeagle, CA. I normally don't do CA, but I put my dislike for the commie state on hold for one thing. This run is it. This is a cut and paste from the email I get from the transportation coordinator. If you are interested PM me and I'll get your info and get it to Jay, so he knows how many. I have done this run a few times, and it is a really good time. Stocker friendly, the first time I volunteered I had my 1 ton Dodge Cummins on 35s and had no problem. All help is greatly appreciated! Also feel free to ask any questions you want to.
So I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn on Saturday, I am camping at the Snag Lake campground on Friday the 10th. I was going to try for the gold lake 4x4 cg, but just found out it is closed for the summer.

Dear group leaders and 4×4 drivers,

It’s time to plan for rounding up the rigs and hauling some kids to and from camp.

This is an opportunity to offer your time, talent, and rigs to help put smiles on the faces of those less fortunate than us – some physically challenged kids.

Camp Nejedly is looking for a bunch of 4x4ers that would be willing to transport kids and their wheelchairs and gear plus counselors and their gear on a two hour trek to and/or from camp in the High Sierras. The campsite is a bit remote so you need a capable 4×4 with a little clearance and 4low, a KIA Sportage made it several years ago. Most of the trail is easy with just two really challenging spots. The trail is only 11 miles but we take it really slow to keep them safe, so if you are looking for a thrill, please not with these kids.

The dates for the treks are as follows:

July 28, Saturday at 11:45 am Graeagle Community Church – inbound.

August 4, Saturday at 10 am at Hawley Lake – outbound.

August 5, Sunday at 11:45 am Graeagle Community Church – inbound.

August 11, Saturday at 10 am at Hawley Lake – outbound.

If you would like to participate, please have space available in your rig for at least 1 camper and 1 counselor and maybe some gear. We would like to make sure that everyone that participates has a great time, so we are asking for a little cooperation and a little information beforehand so we can plan. If you really want a camper in your rig, just say so and we will try our hardest to make it happen, especially for the first-timers. If you have been one of the very valued transporters in the past, maybe you can reach back in your memory banks to remember the special feeling from those huge smiles to make sure a newbie has the same experience.

Now for the tough part, group leaders you are an awesome part of this program. We need space for 47 campers and counselors and their stuff on the opening inbound trip, July 28 and the closing outbound trip, August 11. All of the people and gear go in or come out on those days. The middle weekend, August 4 and 5 are a little lighter since some of the counselors will stay in camp over the weekend.

I know it seems like a lot to ask for a commitment for a volunteer outing, but these kids need us and our rigs to get them to and from camp. The payoff is huge. These kids get such a big kick out of being like regular kids on an off-road adventure. The smiles you put on their faces will stay with you forever.

So, leaders and any 4×4 enthusiasts out there, please circulate this information to get the word out to come and help some kids that really need our help.

The first inbound trip is pretty full with Diablo 4 Wheelers and Hills Angels groups. And the middle weekend is covered by Grass Valley 4×4 club and some folks from RV West. The last day of camp has been the FJ Norcal and Tahoe-Donner groups plus some locals. For individuals that email me to sign-up, please be flexible and patient as I need to fill- in large groups first then add you where needed. I am hoping that several locals will participate helping take the kids out of camp. But we still need some folks from down in the valley or beyond just in case the bus is overloaded with gear.

To recap our needs:

July 28 – 30 vehicles

August 4 & 5 – 25 vehicles each day

August 11 – 30 vehicles

We will need a list of the vehicles, color, opened or closed, number of extra passengers, and if there is room for gear.

And a little suggestion/hint – get a cb radio and preferably a ham radio to communicate in the wilderness. Cell phones don’t work and cb’s are spotty.

We also want to make sure we alternate experienced drivers with rookies and keep the driver behind you in your rear-view mirror to make sure nobody gets lost.

See you on the trail,

Jay ***ushima

jfukushima@aol.com

Transportation Coordinator

Camp Nejedly

831-758-8077

My tacomaworld thread on the run.

Lake Hawley trail run

Last edited:
Sucks. I miss this every year. Hope you guys can help out.

The meeting spot to go in is the Plumas Eureka county state park, museum I think it is. Meeting at 815 Saturday morning.
From Reno it says its about 1hr15min.
Meeting place Saturday am.
Google Maps

You can email him. I am not sure if he goes up to the camp for the entire time or not, so he might not respond if he is up there. In my contact with him last week he said feel free to invite more people. Even if you don't get a response from him, I would plan on showing up.

I plan on doing it as long as they hold the camp. I'll make sure I post up a little earlier next year too.

2019 dates announced:
July 13, Saturday at 11:45 am Graeagle Community Church - inbound.
July 20, Saturday at 9:45 am at Hawley Lake - outbound.
July 21, Sunday at 11:55 am Graeagle Community Church - inbound.
July 27, Saturday at 9:45 am at Hawley Lake - outbound.

I am planning in the 27th run. Probably same as last year. Go up friday night, camp. Come home Saturday after we drop the kids off.

This just in...
Unfortunately, due to the heavy snow fall this winter and spring, we will not be able to access the camp location for our annual Camp Nejedly program must be canceled. We thank you for your continued support of this unique wilderness camp for youth with physical disabilities, and hope that we are able to host the camp in 2020.
It is with great sadness that Camp Nejedly has been forced to cancel this year due to too much snow accumulation. The campsite sits in a little bowl and according to the locals is a popular area to snow-mobile because of the extra snow that the basin gets.
Our apologies for any inconvenience. We look forward to serving with you next year.

These dates are for the 2018 run. The 2019 dates are in post 10.

Hey guys, If anyone is interested, August 11, there is a trail run. Its up out of Graeagle, CA. I normally don't do CA, but I put my dislike for the commie state on hold for one thing. This run is it. This is a cut and paste from the email I get from the transportation coordinator. If you are interested PM me and I'll get your info and get it to Jay, so he knows how many. I have done this run a few times, and it is a really good time. Stocker friendly, the first time I volunteered I had my 1 ton Dodge Cummins on 35s and had no problem. All help is greatly appreciated! Also feel free to ask any questions you want to.
So I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn on Saturday, I am camping at the Snag Lake campground on Friday the 10th. I was going to try for the gold lake 4x4 cg, but just found out it is closed for the summer.

Dear group leaders and 4×4 drivers,

It’s time to plan for rounding up the rigs and hauling some kids to and from camp.

This is an opportunity to offer your time, talent, and rigs to help put smiles on the faces of those less fortunate than us – some physically challenged kids.

Camp Nejedly is looking for a bunch of 4x4ers that would be willing to transport kids and their wheelchairs and gear plus counselors and their gear on a two hour trek to and/or from camp in the High Sierras. The campsite is a bit remote so you need a capable 4×4 with a little clearance and 4low, a KIA Sportage made it several years ago. Most of the trail is easy with just two really challenging spots. The trail is only 11 miles but we take it really slow to keep them safe, so if you are looking for a thrill, please not with these kids.

The dates for the treks are as follows:

July 28, Saturday at 11:45 am Graeagle Community Church – inbound.

August 4, Saturday at 10 am at Hawley Lake – outbound.

August 5, Sunday at 11:45 am Graeagle Community Church – inbound.

August 11, Saturday at 10 am at Hawley Lake – outbound.

If you would like to participate, please have space available in your rig for at least 1 camper and 1 counselor and maybe some gear. We would like to make sure that everyone that participates has a great time, so we are asking for a little cooperation and a little information beforehand so we can plan. If you really want a camper in your rig, just say so and we will try our hardest to make it happen, especially for the first-timers. If you have been one of the very valued transporters in the past, maybe you can reach back in your memory banks to remember the special feeling from those huge smiles to make sure a newbie has the same experience.

Now for the tough part, group leaders you are an awesome part of this program. We need space for 47 campers and counselors and their stuff on the opening inbound trip, July 28 and the closing outbound trip, August 11. All of the people and gear go in or come out on those days. The middle weekend, August 4 and 5 are a little lighter since some of the counselors will stay in camp over the weekend.

I know it seems like a lot to ask for a commitment for a volunteer outing, but these kids need us and our rigs to get them to and from camp. The payoff is huge. These kids get such a big kick out of being like regular kids on an off-road adventure. The smiles you put on their faces will stay with you forever.

So, leaders and any 4×4 enthusiasts out there, please circulate this information to get the word out to come and help some kids that really need our help.

The first inbound trip is pretty full with Diablo 4 Wheelers and Hills Angels groups. And the middle weekend is covered by Grass Valley 4×4 club and some folks from RV West. The last day of camp has been the FJ Norcal and Tahoe-Donner groups plus some locals. For individuals that email me to sign-up, please be flexible and patient as I need to fill- in large groups first then add you where needed. I am hoping that several locals will participate helping take the kids out of camp. But we still need some folks from down in the valley or beyond just in case the bus is overloaded with gear.

To recap our needs:

July 28 – 30 vehicles

August 4 & 5 – 25 vehicles each day

August 11 – 30 vehicles

We will need a list of the vehicles, color, opened or closed, number of extra passengers, and if there is room for gear.

And a little suggestion/hint – get a cb radio and preferably a ham radio to communicate in the wilderness. Cell phones don’t work and cb’s are spotty.

We also want to make sure we alternate experienced drivers with rookies and keep the driver behind you in your rear-view mirror to make sure nobody gets lost.

See you on the trail,

Jay f***ushima

jfukushima@aol.com

Transportation Coordinator

Camp Nejedly

831-758-8077

My tacomaworld thread on the run.

Lake Hawley trail
This just in...
Unfortunately, due to the heavy snow fall this winter and spring, we will not be able to access the camp location for our annual Camp Nejedly program must be canceled. We thank you for your continued support of this unique wilderness camp for youth with physical disabilities, and hope that we are able to host the camp in 2020.
It is with great sadness that Camp Nejedly has been forced to cancel this year due to too much snow accumulation. The campsite sits in a little bowl and according to the locals is a popular area to snow-mobile because of the extra snow that the basin gets.
Our apologies for any inconvenience. We look forward to serving with you next year.
skidooman, is this event still something that is happening? I'm interested in being part of it if it is.

It is... tentative to the rona. It was cancelled last year of course because the world has gone mad. They were hoping it would go this year, but because the rona is still around, it has been cancelled. I am on his yearly email list, so keep your fingers crossed for 2022. It is a great deal, and I really hope they are able to keep it going in the future.

It is... tentative to the rona. It was cancelled last year of course because the world has gone mad. They were hoping it would go this year, but because the rona is still around, it has been cancelled. I am on his yearly email list, so keep your fingers crossed for 2022. It is a great deal, and I really hope they are able to keep it going in the future.
Can you post any info about next years when it comes available? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom