SOLD Laguna Hills, Ca. Wilco Hitchgate Offset Spare Tire Swing Out $750 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is my Wilco Hitchgate Offset. It has been awesome for carrying all my goodies. It will come with the accessory mount. Im keeping the Fuelpax and mounts, and the hijack. Its ready for you to mount whichever accessories you want. I have pics, you can see it has the powdercoating coming off where the pin rubs and some surface rust...nothing that impacts the structure. A wire wheel and some spray paint and you can have it show quality. (This is an issue with all of them)

I really love this thing but it is not working with mounting my bicycles. It would work fine with just one, but the wife rides two. Putting them on the rack keeps scratching up the paint on the bikes....and I cant have that!

The price is firm, It retails for $1180(plus tax) the accessory mount is $125. Hitchgate™ Offset
20200916_073118.jpg
20200916_073203.jpg
20200916_073209.jpg
20200916_073304.jpg
20200916_073237.jpg

What bike rack are you using? I am using a kuat and wondering if I would have the same problem...

It wont open if you have a platform rack attached to the hitch extension. You would be in the same boat as me.
The current one i use is the Thule "spare me" rack. It mounts to the spare tire, its ok for 1 bike...

Good to know - thanks. Yes will not work for me since I have a hitch mount rack.

Just a heads up for any interested, it wont fit a 200 series or 100 series that has the "in bumper" hitch...it wont clear the tailgate.

Just a thought - if the new Yakima swing-away racks stick out as much as my old one does they should work with that.

Might look like a monstrosity though.

Just a thought - if the new Yakima swing-away racks stick out as much as my old one does they should work with that.

Might look like a monstrosity though.
Funny you say that....I actually have 2 of those and thought it would be great...but alas, the swingaway arm blocks the Wilco arm. So its a no go for the Yakima Swing-away...still cant access the rear if installed. Great minds....

You had me all the way to "I really love this thing but it is not working with mounting my bicycles."
Sorry to hear that.
I've been looking at replacing my bike rack recently and am probably going to get a 1Up.
Was hoping to get a Wilco too, but sounds like it won't work.
Just don't want to lay down the coin for a bumper since it would have a short shelf life on my 100 - looking at 200s.
GLWS

You had me all the way to "I really love this thing but it is not working with mounting my bicycles."
Sorry to hear that.
I've been looking at replacing my bike rack recently and am probably going to get a 1Up.
Was hoping to get a Wilco too, but sounds like it won't work.
Just don't want to lay down the coin for a bumper since it would have a short shelf life on my 100 - looking at 200s.
GLWS
Check out RIGD hitch swings....a really cool option for the spare plus bikes...little pricey, but I figure thats what I need.

Thanks! I'll take a look.

Sent a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom