LabRak FJ80 Rear Cargo Shelf Install/Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my one concern with attic racks is the headliner. it looks to me that as you lode and unlode gear it would be easy to rub or hit the headliner and damage it.

Yet another over priced Land Cruiser accessory built on a scale to ensure a high price tag. Some people just have too much money. I'll stick with my DIY rack held on with inferior hose clamps. By the way, my weak 80 brakes are way more of a family safety concern than some 1 lb rack held on with some hose clamps ;)

$370 plus shipping :eek::eek::eek:
That must be the Lexus price.
What's the Toyota price?

I've never dealt with Shane, so I can't speak to any of that, although it seems like the company is trying to make good on past issues. Putting all that aside, this looks like a great product - well designed and well built. Personally, I know that I can make exactly the attic rack/shelf that I want for much less money, so it's not for me but this may be a good option for those that can't or won't do it themselves.

This is going to be interesting. I would recommend trying to make right the issues Shane had with Mud members and then once that is done, rolling out a new product; that may get you more consideration.

I think that is what Jerry is trying to do... He knows how much damage Shane caused and he knows that he has a tough road ahead with it. That being said, he is willing to go the extra mile to earn trust back. LabRak's products have always been top notch and now there is someone in place to get the customer service end where it always needed to be. Sounds like a win-win in my book.

Just an observation: It seems respected mud members that are closer to the shop are about its only supporters. I'm sure those that can just walk in and check on things probably did not experience the same fraud and crooked dealings that those in FL or AZ or points further experienced. Out of site out of mind is no excuse though.

Sounds like the products are good ones, so hopefully Jerry can overcome the reputation, but the task is a LARGE one.

Jerry, is it your intent to rectify the issues that are still outstanding... meaning giving refunds, etc to those affected by Shane in the past?
I was able to get a refund from Shane back in 2006 when he sent me the wrong stuff but it wasnt without a ton of pestering on my end and threats.
I have been on MUD for 10 years and if you guys working with Shane want to win back the loyalty of this forum, the best way to do it is to refund those affected. I know it is not easy as Shane has likely spent all the money sent to him over the years but it is the right thing to do and there are threads that go back years complaining about him. That money he stole was hard earned by many here on the forum and he stole it without even a concern.
You guys here at MUD are too nice and forgiving IMO. In many other forums, folks would have tracked a hustler like Shane down at this home and confronted him regardless of whatever random illness he claims to have again this week.
And for those MUD folks that can visit Shane's place of business... why dont you ask for him to refund your fellow MUD members money? That would be the best thing you guys could ever do for this forum...

Shane still owes me almost $300 from 2 years ago. I just recently got in contact with him on Facebook after posting a not so nice text.

Guys, not endorsing or condemning the company, but this thread has gotten way off topic. I know there is a lot of bad blood out there, but the OP was trying to show off his new rack, it looks great and well made. He didn't ask for 2 pages of bash Shane, or where's my ______ (money, stuff, fill in the blank). I am not a MOD and probably am speaking way out of turn, but if you want to throw some coal on the Bash Shane Train, go over to one of the several threads for that. If you have something to say about the install, post here, otherwise, move it elsewhere. No need to clutter up this guys thread, a few posts about past issues is fine, but not 2 pages worth. Looks like there is a contact that you can take your issues up with, so PM him or start a new thread elsewhere.

Noob since April, don't know the drama from said individual. As for the rack, yes, looks great! Would rather it have bolts instead of hose clamps. Don't want my daughter beheaded in the second row. Otherwise, seems to be a stout item. Maybe Shane has other guy running the show since all the beef and bad juju has happened, and he's trying to get back on his feet again. Again, not my business. If it were, I WOULD be paying a home visit to anyone who has my money and I'm left the wayside

I have not been burnt by Shane so I have no dog in the fight, but fixing the wrongs should be a priority. We are a tight community and expect not to be screwed by a fellow mudder. Back on topic, I like the rack looks good, not for me but looks well made. Like someone else said, the in and out of items seems like it would wear the headliner in spots.

It's a great looking product, over engineered and over built IMO, but that's never a bad thing. Pick your poison with what you overspend on with these rigs. Personally mine was cheap and I used bolts. Win win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom