Labor Day Ride - September 1st - 5th Sicily Island, LA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Volunteer

Bayou State Land Cruiser Association
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bslca.com
Hoping to expand on what we did last year we're planning a Labor Day event at Catahoula Recreation Area or Sicily Island as we refer to it and wanted to try to get the border TLCA clubs together. We have work days scheduled for July and August to tag and rate the trails as well as doing some trail maintenance while there so its in shape for the event. Dennis added new bathrooms with showers on his property and continues to grow the park. Of course dinner is on us Saturday night and we hope to see some of our Cottonland Brothern there :cheers:

http://www.atvdirtbikerecreation.com/
Flyer Final.jpg

Hey guys and gals,

We know this is a little ways out but we are trying to gauge interest here. We see we have some lookers but no one is saying anything. Are any of you even thinking about making the trip?

Thanks,

I'll be at the new condo in Gulf Breeze (in-laws are good for something) that weekend. Y'all have fun.

I am planning on it. This will motivate me to finish the samurai.

By new shower facilities, do you mean new since last time we all went out there or the same one?
Thinking of bringing family so I need to know.
It may be a game time decision for most though.

Thanks guys

I can not see the pic either, but the shower house looked nice when I was there last. :hmm:

nope...white box with red X in it

Putting out new trail signs this weekend ;) we also have a map we're helping put the finishing touches on :bounce:
IMG_4464.jpg
IMG_4469.jpg
IMG_4472.jpg

CRAP! I've already got plans (that were made FOR me) that weekend......I'd really like to see the changes y'all have made to the place. Hopefully, since it's so close for us, we can plan another ride down there in the early / late fall

CRAP! I've already got plans (that were made FOR me) that weekend......I'd really like to see the changes y'all have made to the place. Hopefully, since it's so close for us, we can plan another ride down there in the early / late fall

Absolutely, most of us now have the 1 year membership he's offering so we'll be going more often and are always more than happy to meet a few good neighbors to hang out and go wheeling with :cheers:. By mapping the park out and putting up trails signs you can move about the park more fluently and is going to make the park much more enjoyable for all visitors. We usually have a club year ending ride in November to close out our year before the holidays you can always meet up with us then :beer: We're also widening the trails to be 80 and wagon friendly :cool:

The way I'm moving on the zuk and what I got to do with work ,November may be a better time . When in November ?

No tranny tunnel makes for a really HOT ride for me.

Absolutely, most of us now have the 1 year membership he's offeringhow much does that 1 year membership cost? so we'll be going more often and are always more than happy to meet a few good neighbors to hang out and go wheeling with :cheers:. By mapping the park out and putting up trails signs you can move about the park more fluently and is going to make the park much more enjoyable for all visitors.That'll add a whole new dimension to the park. It was difficult to find our way around down their the first time we went......well, maybe I should speak for myself on that :) We usually have a club year ending ride in November to close out our year before the holidays you can always meet up with us then :beer: We're also widening the trails to be 80 and wagon friendly :cool:MUCH needed! That's great! Really looking to getting down there again soon.....especially since it's so close for us....
See above

Trail signs look great by the way! Post some pics of your progress!

The way I'm moving on the zuk and what I got to do with work ,November may be a better time . When in November ?

No tranny tunnel makes for a really HOT ride for me.

No set date on the November trip yet but will keep you updated when we know. Will try to narrow that down at the next meeting.

See above

Here are his membership prices, I have the $165 membership for my son and I and when the wife and daughter come its $10 for each one of them to ride along for the weekend or outing :) The membership is good for 1 year from the start of you purchasing it

All members must show membership card and picture ID at the gate.

Type 2: One ORV with driver & one guest $165.00 per year.

Type 3: One ORV with driver & two guest $185.00 per year.

Type 4: One ORV with driver & three guest $205.00 per year.
All members guest can be different each time if you choose.

Type 5: Family plan for immediate family members one ORV with driver & 2 or more family members children must be under 18 years old. $185.00 per year.

Type 6: Family plan for immediate family members with multiple ORV’s add $45.00 per extra ORV to your type plan. (type one not included).

Trail signs look great by the way! Post some pics of your progress!

Thanks Lenny I'll keep you posted with the pics of our progress, if you guys want to get in on the action the help and insight would be welcomed. The owner is willing to work with us and we're trying to help forge this park into something we can host small events at and maybe grow it into something bigger. With it located in the middle we can build this place up to be a nice play area in whats next to our own backyard. Not to many owners are willing to let you blaze your own trail or open them to your liking and Mr Dennis is more than open to working with us. The more local clubs there are riding and supporting the park the better off we are for keeping the gates open and growing the place. I know there is another Jeep club or two out of Jackson that frequent the park too.

I will be burning up Saturday evening at Southern Miss. Won't be able to hang out with you Cajuns. Thanks for the invite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom