kzj78 rear wheel bearings in North America? (1 Viewer)

jdt

The kzj78 rear axle (mine's a 1995, the 3.0 liter diesel japanese import) is semi-floating, not like the 80 series or the heavy duty 70 series. As I understand it, the rear axle on my Prado is like the Hilux pickup (not sure it was ever called the Hilux in the USA). Is there anywhere in the USA that stocks a REAR wheel bearings kit (I've already rebuilt the front swivel hubs n bearings) for the KZJ, or does someone know for certain which years of hilux/toyota pickup are identical? A few sites in Australia want about $70 just for shipping to north america.... Thank in advance for any help.

It starts with a part number, then you can google for availability and price

90369-40003 rear axle bearing for light duty 7* and 9* series. I cant see a match up for any other Toyota.
Another way to get bearings is from bearing shops. You take the bearing off, let them measure it and they can match it up. I got a bearing made by Dodge Bearings who had been out of business for 40 years, for some machinery many years ago this way.
But if Kurts got em, he is the man

jdt

It starts with a part number, then you can google for availability and price

90369-40003 rear axle bearing for light duty 7* and 9* series. I cant see a match up for any other Toyota.
Another way to get bearings is from bearing shops. You take the bearing off, let them measure it and they can match it up. I got a bearing made by Dodge Bearings who had been out of business for 40 years, for some machinery many years ago this way.
But if Kurts got em, he is the man
Thank you, super helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom