For Sale KZJ77 LHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for your reply, this year both will be 25 years old.
Can someone advice me a website or a contact to sale them?
Thanks

you posted here, that's good.
I'd like to see some pics and of coarse pricing

Wow! Sweet trucks! A LHD KZJ77 is probably my favorite factory 70 series cruiser quite honestly. If I was in Europe I'd come take a look. Good luck with your sale.

Trying not to Hijack the Sellers Ad but would Customs have an issue with the swapped/non-factory Automatic in the Green 77? I feel like if they have an issue with non-factory engine swaps they may also have an issue with the trans or are they only focused on the engine? A VIN search would show that the truck came from the factory with a standard trans.

I couldn't find anything specifically about transmissions, but there's this vaguely worded bit on the EPA website (emphasis mine):

"If the vehicle has been modified or altered, such as the original engine being replaced with another type of engine, a Customs bond will be required. Under a Customs bond, the importer will need to replace damaged or missing emission components and repair or restore the vehicle to its original configuration"

Which I'd interpret to mean that the worst that could happen is that you'd need to put a manual transmission back into the car before you could legally bring it into the USA. Probably wouldn't even need to do that, since this is the EPA we're talkin' about, and they only care about emissions. You might surf around on the NHTSA and US Customs websites to see if they care about manual vs. auto. I doubt it. Nobody's ever said anything about big tires, lift kits, crazy lights, etc., I can't imagine they'd care about a transmission swap. But I'm not US Customs. Best to go to the source for answers to questions like that if you're serious about buying.

Oh, and bump, I guess.
GLWS

Trying not to Hijack the Sellers Ad but would Customs have an issue with the swapped/non-factory Automatic in the Green 77? I feel like if they have an issue with non-factory engine swaps they may also have an issue with the trans or are they only focused on the engine? A VIN search would show that the truck came from the factory with a standard trans.
Sorry for delay... I made a homologation project and it is authorized in the original documentation, so am thinking that there is no problem.

I couldn't find anything specifically about transmissions, but there's this vaguely worded bit on the EPA website (emphasis mine):

"If the vehicle has been modified or altered, such as the original engine being replaced with another type of engine, a Customs bond will be required. Under a Customs bond, the importer will need to replace damaged or missing emission components and repair or restore the vehicle to its original configuration"

Which I'd interpret to mean that the worst that could happen is that you'd need to put a manual transmission back into the car before you could legally bring it into the USA. Probably wouldn't even need to do that, since this is the EPA we're talkin' about, and they only care about emissions. You might surf around on the NHTSA and US Customs websites to see if they care about manual vs. auto. I doubt it. Nobody's ever said anything about big tires, lift kits, crazy lights, etc., I can't imagine they'd care about a transmission swap. But I'm not US Customs. Best to go to the source for answers to questions like that if you're serious about buying.

Oh, and bump, I guess.
GLWS
Thanks for that information.
Really the type of engine is the same, "1kzt" well the original was the 1kzt and the new is the "1kzt-e" with control unit.

No way, those stripes are awesome. Leave it to the buyer to decide. Either way is going to turn some off so no point spending the money.

I was wondering the same thing and looking at a couple of different importers they do specifically ask if the engine AND transmission are original.

Sorry for delay... I made a homologation project and it is authorized in the original documentation, so am thinking that there is no problem.

Looking at various importers, they do ask. I would guess they would want to see the documentation to confirm and then it may be a crap shoot as to if they are sticklers on it. (I would guess it would all depend on what they had on their Wheaties that morning)

Looking at various importers, they do ask. I would guess they would want to see the documentation to confirm and then it may be a crap shoot as to if they are sticklers on it. (I would guess it would all depend on what they had on their Wheaties that morning)
Hi, send me a message in private please, to speak about it.
Thanks

Looks like a good deal for someone. GLWS

Hi - touching base on this listing, I’m looking to purchase a LC, I’m in Catalonia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom