Kwik Tech Tip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
missionsonwheels.org
This may be old news, if so sorry.

Until last week I had only one fluid leak on the 40 and that was the GM power steering pump (my T-case started puking a few days ago :mad: ). I decided that since I was working on steering stuff anyway I'd try to fix this too.

A trip to my local Ace Hardware found me in the plumbing isle, where I ran across a 1.5" Slip Joint Washer. I already knew the diameter of the reservoir filler neck 1.5" so I decided to give it a shot. The washer is very pliable and fit perfectly inside the cap. The cap fit on very snug, so I pressed down on it and turned (much like a medicine bottle) and when the tabs on the cap seated it fit very well.

Later in the day I had to pull the pump off the rig so I decided to "test" my fix. Prior to draining the pump I loosened the upper mounts and rotated the pump 90 degrees........no fluid leaking from the cap. a $.59 fix for a very annoying problem. :cool:
ps pump2.JPG
ps pump3.JPG
ps pump1.JPG

I say you buy a bunch and give em away at events! Or trade em for beer...

I'll make that my donation for the raffle drawing at Disney just for you. Bring that Benjamin down here this year and win yourself a washer :grinpimp: . Guess I outta call it power steering pump upper gasket set for the raffle.

Cheap skate won't even buy a 59 cent rubber washer :flipoff2:

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom