1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kwik Tech Tip

Discussion in 'OK- Green Country Cruisers' started by 66fj40x2, Jul 23, 2005.

1. 66fj40x2

66fj40x2

Media:
    Albums:
    This may be old news, if so sorry.

Until last week I had only one fluid leak on the 40 and that was the GM power steering pump (my T-case started puking a few days ago :mad: ). I decided that since I was working on steering stuff anyway I'd try to fix this too.

A trip to my local Ace Hardware found me in the plumbing isle, where I ran across a 1.5" Slip Joint Washer. I already knew the diameter of the reservoir filler neck 1.5" so I decided to give it a shot. The washer is very pliable and fit perfectly inside the cap. The cap fit on very snug, so I pressed down on it and turned (much like a medicine bottle) and when the tabs on the cap seated it fit very well.

Later in the day I had to pull the pump off the rig so I decided to "test" my fix. Prior to draining the pump I loosened the upper mounts and rotated the pump 90 degrees........no fluid leaking from the cap. a $.59 fix for a very annoying problem. :cool:
    ps pump2.JPG ps pump3.JPG ps pump1.JPG

2. tornadoalleycruiser

tornadoalleycruiser SILVER Star

I say you buy a bunch and give em away at events! Or trade em for beer...

3. 66fj40x2

66fj40x2

Media:
    Albums:
    I'll make that my donation for the raffle drawing at Disney just for you. Bring that Benjamin down here this year and win yourself a washer :grinpimp: . Guess I outta call it power steering pump upper gasket set for the raffle.

Cheap skate won't even buy a 59 cent rubber washer :flipoff2:

:beer: :beer: :beer: