Kubota in Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw a Kubota V2203di to Toyota trans adapter the other day. Has any one actually done this swap? If so post up info/pictures of the swap. I'm wanting to do to put it in the drive train from an 84 4runner with a W56 trans and 410 gears. Im thinking I will have to atleast run 33's to keep the RPM's happy.

A couple of guys who post on 4BTswaps have done it (edit, not in a Toyota though). They've also posted their builds on other forums.

Turbo selection is critical. DI diesels don't run as rich as IDI for turbo spool and with a small displacement you need boost to make them party.

Last edited:
A couple years ago I got a chance to drive (for a short distance) an older Ford Ranger with a Kubota 2203 DI and 5 speed transmission. It also had a turbo added, but I don't remember what he said it was, maybe from a gasser of about 1800 cc size. Seems to me like what he said. Anyway, I didn't push the Ranger since It wasn't mine, but the power and driveability was impressive. He told me that he drove it like he stole it.

I found about the Kubota 2203 on the dieselbombers.com website. The handle of the person that owns the Ranger is FTE, and the handle of the person that I first contacted on that website was flyinmonkeys32. flyinmonkeys32 was in the process of making the Kubota 2203 fit into his Ranger when I visited with both of them at flyinmonkeys32 shop. If you go to that website there are a lot of different diesel swaps, including the Kubota 2203.

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom