Kroil or Liquid Wrench? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
Anybody knows which would likely work best on those frozen bolts and nuts?
thanks
E
(Btw, if you need any, my local OSH store has the the LW at 50% off in large sizes)

I have often used Kroil myself and it works great as far as I could tell, but never used LW (nor PB Blaster for that matter) so don't know. Kroil, btw, is so penetrating that some folks use it to clean gun Barrels and lift plated on gunk.
E

Kroil rocks. Toyopeen (Toyota High Performance Penetrating Lubricant) rocks. Compared to these two products PB Blaster, WD40, Liquid Wrench, etc all suck badly.

Here's my current technique: Clean the fastener in question with some brake cleaner or carb cleaner to blast away grease and dirt - this allows the penetrating oil better access to the threads. If it's really nasty go at it with a wire brush and blast it with cleaner again. Apply Kroil and wait (however long you want - 10 minutes, an hour, overnight, whatever). Apply Toyopeen and wait. You will be amazed - the combination of Kroil and Toyopeen is like magic.

I just use this
piss2.gif
:flipoff2:

PB Blaster is good enough for me.

Someone, not sure if it's Photo, posted something back on SOR about some wicked home brew stuff.

My smiles are back.
roosterf.gif

Never tried LW, but Kroil works very well as both a cleaner and penetrant, only thing I hate is the smell; it makes my head hurt if I am around it for too long

I have had good luck with PB-blaster also

I'll second that, works killer.

[quote author=yooper link=board=2;threadid=8202;start=msg69455#msg69455 date=1070242221]
Kroil rocks. Toyopeen (Toyota High Performance Penetrating Lubricant) rocks. Compared to these two products PB Blaster, WD40, Liquid Wrench, etc all suck badly.

Here's my current technique: Clean the fastener in question with some brake cleaner or carb cleaner to blast away grease and dirt - this allows the penetrating oil better access to the threads. If it's really nasty go at it with a wire brush and blast it with cleaner again. Apply Kroil and wait (however long you want - 10 minutes, an hour, overnight, whatever). Apply Toyopeen and wait. You will be amazed - the combination of Kroil and Toyopeen is like magic.
[/quote]

Beo and C-dan recommended PB back in the day over at SOR. I bought a can and was amazed. A buddy of mine with a '67 Stang keeps trying all this new stuff that crystallizes the rust and junk but I stick with my PB.
Junk that was STR that wrote the recipe for that wicked homebrew. Some conction of kerosene, gas and some other stuff. Sounded pretty potent. If you want it I still have his email somewhere. He also has a wicked Pinzgauer.
A lotta heat and some PB and there ain't nothin that won't come loose... um 'cept that nasty siezed TRE bizatch two days ago... :D

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=14;threadid=8202;start=msg69560#msg69560 date=1070260292]
... wicked homebrew. Some conction of kerosene, gas and some other stuff. Sounded pretty potent...A lotta heat...[/quote]

Just be careful. I once responded to a boat rescue where the owners boat (a large power cruiser) had sank at the dock. We came alongside in the rescue boat and put our salvage/fire pump on board to pump him out. We returned to base and told him we would pick-up the pump later that day.

Once the boat was pumped out, he decided to clean the engine with kerosene, gas, etc....you know where the story is going...the boat caught on fire with our salvage/FIRE pump on board! We managed to hook the boat and get it out of the marina and then used a really long hose from the fire dept to put the fire out - too late as she had burned to the water line and sunk!

Cheers, Hugh

Kroil is excellent. The other excellent penetrating oil is sold at aircraft places and is called Mouse Milk.

Of cource these days if it doesn't want to come, I use the MIG.

Jim

wrench-ease is ALL i will EVER use.

We usually use PB, but Damn if the Kroil my Ex-Ex-girlfriends dad gave me wasn't hoarded until the last trace was wiped from the inside of the bottle....Where do you guys get the KROIL? Love to find some without having to see Lynn.......

I also would like to know where to buy Kroil. I'm sure I can search on line and order it, but is it something you can find at a hardware store or auto parts store?

Mail order straight from Kroil, or through Cabela's has been the two places I've found it. Expensive, but worth it.

It's available at some shops but not many.

They used to have a deal, not sure if still do, where if you order with a credit card they will provide free shipping.

kanolabs.com

Kroil is old by Kano Labs:

http://www.kanolabs.com

Make sure you look for the "special offer". There always seems to be a deal for a free can of Kroil with your order if you look around for it or call them. It helps pay for the high shipping charges.

kroil rocks! It beats anything I have ever tried. It's worth every penny.

I just stripped every nut and bolt off my M-416 with Mouse Milk. It's free at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom