Koyo / Timken bearings (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Easy killers. Just because Koyo is Japanese doesn't mean that the majority of their ball and roller bearings are not made in China. My only mistake was not knowing that SKF is now manufactured mostly in china now as well.

That doesn't change the fact that in the bearing and power transmission world Koyo is a small player and considered not as reliable a choice.

I just recently decided to get back in the Family business which has been selling Bearings, Seals, motors, idlers, conveyor belt etc... (Over 50 years) My knowledge is not where it needs to be.

I have been restoring an LX450 for a little while, hence my visit to ih8mud. I will try to never make another mistake again. My sincere apologies. I will now flog myself repeatedly until i have learned that such indiscretions cannot and will not be tolerated.
Don't worry...I said something stupid in my first coupla posts, out of sheer enthusiasm...but most folks have forgiven me by now.:eek:

Just for $hits and giggles, thought I'd freshen up the thread, and post a coupla pics from back in the day when I wrenched on Caterpillars. This is a single roller from a Timken wheel bearing (I cut apart) on a 998 front loader. 5 guys can eat lunch (and did) in the loader bucket. Cat uses all kinds of Timkens, and Koyo is a great bearing too.
Timken roller.JPG
Timken roller 1.JPG

Timken and Koyo are both great bearings and toyota uses both for OEM.

In the big industrial world Timken is considered King but Koyo isn't that far behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom