Koyo Radiator fluid capacity questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.coopxgear.com
replacing the radiator in the cruiser, the last Koyo gave up the ghost after 10 years of triple digit summers. I forgot how much of a pain in the rear this thing is to change out when you have dual batteries, bumper with big ass lights and the winch control in front of the grill. I didn't have the time or the funds to go through and replace everything else in the cooling system that I had wanted to, since I decided to go back and be a full time student after 30 years. haha! So I'll address so other stuff as time and funds become available. A few questions as I finish buttoning this thing up this am.
how much ATF fluid does the Koyo radiator typically hold in the reservoir at the bottom? I want to make sure i have enough on hand when i go through the start up procedures and have fluids handy. Also what type? I can't remember.
Where can I source those Brace constant torque clamps (not sure of the spelling) but they are the NICE hose clamps not the butcher your hands or slip off your vice grips like the OEM nightmare ones.

Don’t know the capacity, but I don’t recall having to top off much when I replaced my old rad with a Koyo last summer. I always have a couple quarts around and that was more than enough.

Check your drain plug, but should be dex II, so anything dex/merc compatible. I’m not married to any particular product, but a lot of folks use Maxlife dex/merc synthetic, including myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom