Kokopelli to CruiseMoab Video (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome video! Trying to talk the :princess: into a Moab trip this fall.

Got back from Moab Sunday evening. 13 1/2 hours driving battling horrific hi desert headwinds from Arizona all the way until I dropped down off the Cahon Pass into San Bernardino. 2182 total miles driven, including a wonderful detour over to Breckenridge, CO to visit with my mom.

Got on a plane to Boston, MA Monday morning so I apologize for not getting any of my pics uploaded for viewing pleasure.

Needless to say, I had a blast. The Rising Sun guys put on a great event. I learned things about my truck, what it's capable of, and did things I've never attempted before on three great runs. All the trail leaders were superb and I had the great fortune to have Robbie (Powderpig) as the leader on Saturday's Kane Creek run. He was nothing short of fantastic as a trail leader. He taught me some great tips for controlling my speed over obstacles (I'd read about them, but never tried them, much less have them explained in such plain understandable english like he did). His spotting and directions were great. Just looked him in the eyes and did everything he said to do with his signals. Wow!

Will get pics uploaded this weekend when I get back to PRK.

so, are you coming to Rubicon? It was moved to middle July...

I could spot you in Spanish and you'll become a bilingual off road driver!!! LOL

A good spoter just use hand signals, no words are required... :flipoff2: :clap: :hmm:

Anyways, the Canada Toyota 4WD Association is doing a great job with videos and their site...

Canada Toyota 4WD Association - CT4WD

the Hells Revenge @ Cruise Moab 2011 was released, take a look...

so, are you coming to Rubicon? It was moved to middle July...

I could spot you in Spanish and you'll become a bilingual off road driver!!! LOL

Not going to Rubicon. Even at Moab, my truck felt small with only a 2 1/2 inch lift on 33's. Seemed every 80 I ran with or into around camp had a 4 inch lift and 35's! They had a much easier time over some of the obstacles.

I already know spanish offroad spotting language from Alvaro! :flipoff2:

yup, the days of the 2 1/2 as maximun lift are over :(
I know that feeling...

I forgot about La Cabra conections, you are set...

well, is more challening that way? with no lift (2 1/2 is no lift now) and 33", you are more than ready to go...

animese compadre, lo esperamos?

animese compadre, lo esperamos?

Huh?

Boy do I know about no lift. One obstacle a rocky gully early on in Kane Creek, the 4" boys didn't have much problem. I dragged both front and rear ends badly. The front tow hooks got a real workout as feelers and the expedition style Kaymar rear that sticks out much worse than Slee, Hanna, 4x4 Labs, etc style wheeling bumpers got it's share of licks too. At least there are four drag points under the bumper that take most of the beating.

Nathan, great video! Saw my cruiser in a few shots too. I have some still shots of David crossing the Delores river. Send me a PM if you want them. Had a load of fun on that run and am looking forward to making it down again next year.

Nathan, great video! Saw my cruiser in a few shots too. I have some still shots of David crossing the Delores river. Send me a PM if you want them. Had a load of fun on that run and am looking forward to making it down again next year.

How would you rate the difficulty of obstacles encountered compared to Kane Creek or Metal Masher?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom