Koito/OEM h4 headlight install - where does this plug go?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@CruiserTrash are you saying you burned out a bulb that you installed in August of 2020? If so, way too soon.
Install was maybe 5/20 or 6/20, but yeah, they’re pretty not about a year old. They were whatever stock bulbs were in the lenses when I pulled them out of the box. A while back I had an issue with my 2002 Tacoma blowing bulbs every 1-3 weeks. I took great care to clean my hands and use a rag to handle them, used dialectic grease to handle them, etc. Not sure what causes an H4 to blow, and I sold the Tacoma before figuring it out. My 60 doesn’t seem to have any electrical gremlins.

@MoaByte I want to stick with incandescent so they melt snow. I’m in Colorado so I need that half the year. I also like the yellowish hue of regular bulbs - keeps with the vintage theme of the truck haha. On the inside bulbs I was able to find warm LESs for the domes, but never seen “warm” LEDs for headlights.

@gbogh I’ll make sure to load up on fresh dialectic grease when I install some new bulbs.

*****Still wondering about what regular H4 bulbs to get. Hopefully there’s one level up in wattage I can go past these 55’s. The Koito wiring harness seems to have sufficient gauge to handle a little more juice. I have 8” PIAA aux lights I can run at night to stay legal - I’ve got them pointed more downwards than usual for now as not to blind people.

IIRC @wngrog did a comparison a while back with multiple bulbs with this kit in a 40 and from his conclusion and the pics he posted it looked like the stock bulb was the best output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom