Kohler Kitchen sink scratch repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I have a Kohler Black kitchen sink, guessing porcelain on Steele or cast iron. The outside lip that gets the most abuse has some scratches. I don't need to patch a crack, just take care of the scratches so they don't get worse.

Thinking about it, our last house had a similar issue, but the sink was white so not such a visible item.

I know how to plumb, just have no experience with this type of item and looking for suggestions.

Thanks

Ken, I just saw some "touch up epoxy" at the local McHardware the other day. I would think that would work well assuming that they have black. If not try to get a small sample of the black epoxy that they use for adhering black marble slabs together for countertops. If you are really asking removing the scratch, just buff it out with heavy cut compound and then go to medium and then fine to bring back the sheen but if it is down to the metal that won't work. HTH. :cheers:

I found in the paint department some touch of porcelain glaze in black. It came with some sandpaper that made it look rough. I went to the garage and pulled out the body work wet sanding stuff and wet sanded the glaze after curing with 800 grit paper.

Cant tell were I touched it up now

Glaze comes in a small box that was hanging on a peg board at Home Depot
P1020557.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom