1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

knuckle rebuild kits for 76FJ40

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by lone gunman, Feb 8, 2004.

1. lone gunman

lone gunman

Hey guys and gals, who has the best deals on front axle rebuild kits, ccot has them for 104.00 and cruiser outfitters is 87.00 but how is the quility. i dont mind paying for quality but want fair price and dont want junk. also would like wheel berings too, how are koyo, i have always used timkin or federal mogul etc. i am going to do it this spring because my inner seals are leaking gear oil into my birfs. any sugestions? or advice is apreciated! THANKS

2. rick_d

rick_d

and liquidoffroad (aka heartoftexas) is below $80.

since koyo's are OEM, they would appear better than timken/fedmogul.

I'll bet $5 that the seal kits for all the vendors come from the same source (except OEM which runs $100 for the seals alone).

I'd support kurt (crusier outfitters) or robert (liquid) over any of the big names because these guys care vs others.

3. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    Check with C-Dan too he may be able to get you a good OEM price.

4. petescoffee

petescoffee

Go with Kurt at Cruiser outfitters. He has a fair price, he is helpfull and he doesn't screw you on the shipping. Also I suggest getting his knuckle wiper kit as well. THis is the inside felt that wears out but isn't included in some kits.