Knuckle rebuild....anyone??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ClemsonCruiser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Any of you guys out there have any experience in rebuilding knuckles and want to lend me a hand. I have the factory service manual and all the parts except for that 54mm socket . I will throw in a 12 pack of your perferred adult beverage and you will also have the satisfaction of a job well done..........for free!!!

I want to get the knuckles on the 62 rebuilt before the trip to Tellico in August, because I thinking about bringing the 40 and 62 so me and my old man can wheel at the same time..........

JP

I have no experience but I think I'll be up in Clemson this weekend so if your gonna be there working I'll help.

Saaaaaaweet......... might be going camping but if I am not I will be working on the 40 or 62 so yeah I can always use the help. Is your girl coming up too?

Dirty job

I have a hub socket. SST pliers for the ringies. Fish scale for the
pre-loads. Dude, that is the nasty of all nasty jobs.
You can borrow my tools but I'm not doing THAT job again.....
until I have to. ;)
Let me know and I'll bring the tools to my office in Pickens.
I believe there is a tech write up on Mud.
Did you buy one of the "kits" for knuckle rebuilds?
Stinky grease ahead!

mmmmmmmm thanks for giving me something to look forward to David!!! ;) I don't think it is one of the kits just all the toyota gaskets seals spacers and so on...... The old PO of my 62 gave it to me after I bought the 62, he didn't mention a leaky knuckle when I test drove it!!!!!!! Oh well. I do appreciate you offering your tools. I will def. take them if you don't mind. I will be doing it on one of the next 3 weekends. So I will let you know.

Thanks David

Okay now I have the Tools and Labor just need the experienced eye to supervise, any takers?

I'm in. I'll supervise. It's not that hard. Did you get new bearings or just seals?

Also I have a seal puller if you don't have one. ANd I have a brass tap also. That's very important. Just let me know when. Iw ent through a whole crapload of grease for my front end. Also Matt has seen how it's done also.

I'm probably not going to have the front end cut and turned before the tellico meeting so I'm going to ride with Alex and be offical photographer and video man. I have just got to remember to film the dirt when Richard makes his runs. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Awesome marshall I really appreciate it. I don't have new bearings, I might order some up and replace them while I am in there. It is either going to be this weekend or next. It is looking like this one for now, because richard is going to be here then too. I will let you know for sure as the weekend approaches....

Sorry you 40 won't be ready, but it will be cool to have you on the camera so we can get some good stuff to post up for everyone to see.......... and what is wrong with richards smoke screen???? It comes in handy when he is trying to lose the cops, just floor it and poof instant smoke screen.......

Thanks Marshal it would would be nice to see my cruiser going through some of the mud before showing it stuck in the mud. But I dont know if I'll be going to Tellico I have a prior commitment to help my gf move on sunday. So its doubtful I will go. If I do it will be as a passenger probably anyway. And as for my smokescreen dont talk s*** or I'll get in front of you next trail ride.

Jp, Marshall, and whoever else,

Yeah I'm planning on doing the same to momo before the trip to tellico. I get payed this thursday and will be ordering a kit from Cruiserouttfitters. They have a sale going on for a full kit, i think it even includes the bearings. Here it is.....rebuild kits.

Marshall, can you do me a favor and take a look at the following link to make sure those are the bearings needed. I remember you had to order bearings that didn't come with the kit ( right?). I'll probably do the rebuild the first week of August sometime, school will be out and I'll actually have time to get things done with the cruiser.

My tellico excitement meter is RISING!!!!!!!

Matt you are more than welcome over and hang-out watch the fun. I am thinking I am going to do it this Sat. Should be fun lots of beer and lots of grease can't beat that........

oh and Rudy, I think your smoke-screen is the s***!

Somewhat of a mix between James Bond and Sanford and son. :D

Thanks man, I need to check the valve clearances, and get my exhaust pipe on right, and try one of those fuel additives thats supposed to clean the engine out. Hopefully that stuff will cut down the smoke a little.

Try that sea foam that Marshall was talkin about. I was gonna do the same with the 40.

clemson55 said:
Thanks Marshal it would would be nice to see my cruiser going through some of the mud before showing it stuck in the mud. But I dont know if I'll be going to Tellico I have a prior commitment to help my gf move on sunday. So its doubtful I will go. If I do it will be as a passenger probably anyway. And as for my smokescreen dont talk s*** or I'll get in front of you next trail ride.

is it possible? a cruiser that smokes and stinks more then my diesel...... :flipoff2:

finally..... :D

yes! :flipoff2:

camping4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom