knuckel rebuild and a pretty girl! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mmw68

CruiserCrap.com - pimping crap for your cruiser!
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
store.cruisercrap.com
Nothing like having good looking help while wotking on the truck! :)
nat_wrench.jpg

The red knee pad in the pic is an important tool for knuckle work. :)

That looks like my grandmother's kitchen floor. It wasn't too far from Austin, either...

Are you working in your garage or your kitchen?

I bet it's one muggy son of a gun in Austin right now.

yeah, my wife was mad when she came home and found the cruiser in the kitchen! :)

Today was very nice, not muggy at all - great weather today.

The PO of the house had finished out the garage, it has Mexican tile and brown wood paneling. The one nice thing is the garage has very good florescent lighting in the ceiling, lot of power out lets, phone and cable!

When it raining out, you have to be very careful - that tile gets mighty slick! All my oils seem to bead up on the tile, or run off and get soaked up by the grout.

Iam plan on painting the paneling, and floor some time this summer.

Seems like I've read these exact words somewhere else...

mmw68 said:
The PO of the house had finished out the garage, it has Mexican tile and brown wood paneling. The one nice thing is the garage has very good florescent lighting in the ceiling, lot of power out lets, phone and cable!

When it raining out, you have to be very careful - that tile gets mighty slick! All my oils seem to bead up on the tile, or run off and get soaked up by the grout.

Iam plan on painting the paneling, and floor some time this summer.

How do you know when it's time to rebuild a nuckle?
cute helper, nice floor.
Thanks,

I'm right in the middle of mine too!

Its really nice when everything is clean and/or new and you're putting it all back together!

Have fun.

maybe you'll answer my Q here, which went unheeded on the 3FE list --

what made you decide to do your birfs?

my 62 has 150K on it and no clicks, but i don't trust them --

e

Eric,
I did reply...:)

Well my cruiser has 285K, and Iam headed to the 3fe bash in Aug, just decided it was time and they needed to be done. They were not clicking, just wanted to do them before I needed too.

Also, this is the second half of my nuckle rebuild, I did the driver's side almost a month ago with David Dunbar in houston, and did not have time to finish the other side.

-Mark

In my case, some indicator for birf rebuils is some gastket damage or seals .. leaking grease or oil ( to bad !!! ) out is a sign ..

Well at least it looks like you have a good mechanic.

thanks for this, Mark - I never got the post --

:(

say, where is the 3FE bash this year? I can't keep up with the 3FE list and it's Bash list --

e

Jacks + no friction on tile floor = :eek:

@ Zcruiser,
The floor has been scratched up very well and seems to have plenty of friction. When I first jacked the truck up, I was a bit concerned, but we all shook the truck and checked and rechecked the jacks before we began. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom