Wanted Knoxville, TN 2002 Land Cruiser touchscreen head unit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pretty sure mine has bit the dust. Still powers on and everything just fine, just wont react to touch. Let me know if anyone has one for sale!
Pete
865-384-4510

Check that your bezel is not touching the screen. Remove the hvac bezel completely and try again. The LCD is separate from the digitizer. I have a spare screen here, may have a digitizer as well.

Thank you for the reply. I will do that. It has been somewhat intermittent Happens a few weeks ago, then started working just fine the next day.

I find the heat of the summer causes this issue to show up as the plastic moves around. You can also 'wake up' the digitizer by running your finger around the outside. Remove the bezel and follow up.

I tried lapping my finger around the inside of the bezel and voila! Nice trick. I really appreciate the advice, it helped big time!

The clips that hold the bezel on get pushed in too far over time causing the bezel to press against the digitizer causing a 'touch' condition and freezing the input. You will find with the bezel off or spaced out it will not happen again.

Does yours have navigation and AC controls? If so, I just took my fully functional one out 2 days ago. Mine is a 2002 LX470.

Can you take a picture of it? It has ac controls on the screen and temp/ fan controls above.

20200612_073650.jpg

20200612_073703.jpg

20200612_073628.jpg

20200612_073637.jpg

Any experts on here know if this unit will work in my Land Cruiser? Circulation button in this unit has 1 extra option, and my bevel doesn’t say “mark levinson”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom