SOLD Knoxville TN: 1997/Toyota/FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Silver
It is time for me to move on from my 1997 80. It’s a collectors edition and 3x locked. The milage is at 375,000. The engine and transmission were replaced at 320,000 miles (I have the old transmission and receipt for the current engine). The engine runs great doesn’t burn any oil, and the trans shifts fine with no slipping or issues. This is a very solid truck with no rust issues and everything works. All maintenance is up to date (birfs done January 2022, brakes done in fall of 2021, coolant system rebuild summer 2022, vacuum hoses replaced this past January, oil changed every 5k miles with valvoline HM 10w30 and Lucas oil stabilizer). Would not hesitate to drive across the country tomorrow. It’s been my daily for the past 2 years never once let me down!
List of the modifications:
Cx racing headers
Marlin crawler Marlink steering
Trail gear front tube bumper
White knuckle sliders
CSF Steel Radiator
Part time kit (locking hubs/center spool)
OME 2.5 lift
Sway bar delete (still have sway bar)
Dobinson adjustable pan hard bar
Trail gear chromoly front axle shafts/birfs
33in tires w/ powder coated wheels (full size spare)
Brand new cat back exhaust system (very quiet)
New speakers throughout
I’m sure I’m missing some things send a message and we can talk and I can also send cold start/running videos!

MUD Price is $15,500!

D085B7E7-6F58-4828-866A-04B3344D61FD.jpeg

41B759AD-8EB1-41C2-BE18-8AD92C82DE78.jpeg

7F8565ED-24CB-4DF2-9F53-EC1405043209.jpeg

A567A645-ADF6-457E-A120-4849AA97C770.jpeg

C225BAC6-5AD2-4D62-92A9-30D15ACDA103.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks nice. A couple questions:
  1. How many miles did the replacement motor and trans have when you installed them on this truck?
  2. Does the GSD come with?

Looks nice. A couple questions:
  1. How many miles did the replacement motor and trans have when you installed them on this truck?
  2. Does the GSD come with?
The prior owner is the one who swapped the engine and transmission. I am not aware of the milage on the engine or transmission sadly. I have had the valve cover off for replacing the emissions lines this past January. The valve train is very clean and the oil looks to have been change regularly. The swap has roughly 50k miles on it since the work has been done. The trans fluid has been flushed and filter changed as well.

Sadly the DSG isn’t coming with haha that would be my buddies. She just likes to get in the photographers way. However the truck will come with the factory sway bar, mud flaps, the old transmission, and the fm transmitter with a few cassettes!

A small update. The truck is still for sale. I have been in the process of graduating/moving/ starting a new job so it’s not been the top priority at the moment. With things settling down I’m starting to look for another car again and devoting more resources to moving on from my 80!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom