SOLD Knoxville, TN 1976 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/373788697959648
20220611_172642.jpg

Hey guys, I just listed my 1976 FJ40 for sale on Marketplace if anyone is interested. I've had it for around 7 years and have done tons of upgrades and tried to keep it as original as possible. I have hundreds of pics, so let me know if I can answer any questions. Hate to sell it, just out of garage space. Asking $31K.

Thanks,
Darren

Hey, how’s it going? I’d love to see all the pictures!
Also, if none exist, can you please take some of all the brake lines/fittings ONLY on the engine bay/front area? Thank you for your time!

Hi guys, post or PM me your email addresses and I will send you a link to the pics.

Thanks,

20220611_173934.jpg

Last edited:
20220611_153321.jpg

20220611_153908.jpg

@mudpaws I couldn't find any pics of specifically the brake lines, but I can take some tonight and send them to you.

20220611_172607.jpg

And yes, it's still available. If anyone is looking for a solid truck that's not a rust bucket or too nicely restored to drive, I think you would be very happy with this one. I ran across an '81 FJ40 in great condition a month or so ago and wound up buying it. But now have too many vehicles an not enough garage, so that's the only reason I'm getting rid of this one.

The bottom set of spare tire carrier holes are covered up. Was the lower quarter replaced?

I'm not sure if the panel was replaced or patched. I haven't done any body work, all of that was done by the previous owner(s). There is some filler in the rear quarters, so they may have covered the holes? I didn't get a tire carrier when I bought it, but I do have a 77 & up carrier that could be used. I'm pretty sure somewhere in mid-1976 Toyota changed from the older plate style carrier to the newer style. So honestly, I'm not sure which style was on this truck originally.

I'm not sure if the panel was replaced or patched. I haven't done any body work, all of that was done by the previous owner(s). There is some filler in the rear quarters, so they may have covered the holes? I didn't get a tire carrier when I bought it, but I do have a 77 & up carrier that could be used. I'm pretty sure somewhere in mid-1976 Toyota changed from the older plate style carrier to the newer style. So honestly, I'm not sure which style was on this truck originally.
Looks to be patched and has body filler along the rear sill. As we all know very common occurrence. One would think that as Toyota made continual improvements to the 40 design, that would have been one item to "build a better mousetrap" 😉

Good looking truck!

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom