Kitchen box. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of finishing up this kitchen box design. Hopefully, I will get the chance to install all of the hardware later today, regardless the idea is simple: to carry a stove, cooking pots and pans, utensils all in the same container dimensioned to the size of my Engel 45 with the transit bag installed. Altough, the box is not completed, the final box will house the stove in the large top compartment and the remaining drawers, starting just below the stove compartment, moving clockwise, will house the utensils, spatula, wisp, etc...., the next drawer will hold cups, mugs, camp towels rags, etc..., the last large drawer is for pots, pans, small non-parishable items, wash tub, etc... There will be a fold over top that is supported by the main door offering more counter top and leg extensions that can be deployed to a comfortable working height.

Stay tuned...

Van
Kitchen box 010.jpg
Kitchen box 011.jpg
Kitchen box 015.jpg

Looks good, well done!

looks great, what is it made of??////............

23/32" 7-ply exterior plywood and 3/8" birch plywood, 1/4" Luan.

Very cool. Stumbled on this by accident. I'm buying a VW Vanagon bus and plan to have a "quick change" aspect to the interior whereby I'll remove the bench seating in its use as a DD and pop in a modular unit like yours to change it into an expedition camper. I envisioned floor hard points that it mounts to along with plug in power, a radiant heater on the front for night time use, power outlets for overnight charging of cell phones, etc. Great idea. Keep it/them coming. If I design and size mine right it will also go in the Cruiser, allowing us to take whatever vehicle makes sense and we'd have the pots, pans, cookstove and everything we need in the chosen vehicle in seconds.

DougM

Thanks guys! This project was a lot of fun and inspiration/practice for some up coming woodworking projects that are to be completed around the house. Overall the box weighs in at 40lbs. with contents (as pictured above) and is very manageable by one person. I am installing HDPE runners on the bottom and will post up more pictures of the leg design once completed.

Doug if you are looking for more inspiration check this out:

DRIFTA - Camping Kitchens Start here...

Regards,

Van

If and when I upgrade the current coleman stove for a newer, lower profile, dual fuel stove the slide out cutting board would be a great addition!

Cool stuff - thanks for the link. Amazing how much money folks can spend to get their rigs setup for camping. And I think this guy's site represents value compared to most!

Dougm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom