KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) for 80s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruzerDave

Land Shark Outfitters
Threads
Website
landsharkoutfitters.com
Preorders open for the Jan/Feb 2017 run here:
Keep It Simple Storage (KISS) Drawers - Jan 2017

Quick note as promised to many, many 80 owners that wanted to know when the KISS Drawers would be available for them - NOW.

I have to run one beta to check my measurements and inevitably tweak the side profiles, but I am confident in that process now and certain they will fit perfectly in an 80 series after having one in my driveway to play with for a week (thanks Zach!).

I've set up an ordering form for you to secure your place in line here: Keep It Simple Storage (KISS) Drawer Order Form

General Q&A on the drawers should be in their thread here
We'll keep this one to 80-specific questions.

Price will be $575 (cost went up because of increases incorporating the wings & 80 series). Shipping same ($100 west of Mississippi, $120 east, free to pick up in Bend). Ship date will be 3-4 weeks after the run closes and folks pay - could be a week could be a month, and we have holidays getting in the way of things...

Thanks for everyone's patience and support as I've gotten the logistics figured out!
Dave

Last edited:
Can the middle row of seats be up with the drawers in?
Chad

Absolutely. There is enough room to allow someone to bounce in the seat without hitting the drawers. Pics will be posted this week hopefully, and you're not committing money yet so if you are interested sign up and stay tuned

Absolutely. There is enough room to allow someone to bounce in the seat without hitting the drawers. Pics will be posted this week hopefully, and you're not committing money yet so if you are interested sign up and stay tuned

Thanks.

Chad

Put me on the interested list

@mervo plan to cut the 80 bits and test in a truck after this first batch goes out - giving birth is a painful, drawn-out process - stay tuned to this thread

@tominboise not clear what you mean by 'interested list', but see first post for the order form. No money due at this time, just securing your place in line, if for some reason once you see pics in an 80 they don't match your expectation or needs you can always drop out

Does anyone know for certain if there were any differences in the rear for LC and LX450s? (or hopefully, NOT). I'm thinking different side plastic, addition of a CD changer or amp, different bracket for the 3rd row seats, extra ash tray - anything?

I have only been able to test fit into an 80 so far...

Does anyone know for certain if there were any differences in the rear for LC and LX450s? (or hopefully, NOT). I'm thinking different side plastic, addition of a CD changer or amp, different bracket for the 3rd row seats, extra ash tray - anything?

I have only been able to test fit into an 80 so far...
I am pretty sure the back is the same. I have an LX, and the CD changer, amp, etc, is all up front in the center console. Someone else with experience with both could say for sure, but I am pretty sure they are the same.

Most stuff in the back is interchangeable between the two: seats, carpet, etc.

The biggest issue I've seen and experienced with these setups is that 3" gap between the box and the 2nd row seats when folded. I place a 2x4 under my seat to get it level and you could easily put some sort of hinged strip that flips up to fill that gap.

The Toyota model has a subwoofer grill back there that the LX450 doesn't have but otherwise there's no differences.

The removable/modified wing idea is great, I need to accommodate 2x @LandCruiserPhil Puma mounts.

Nice job, just put my name on the list.

Maybe a dumb question...these ship with the wood?

@sleepycruiser - yes, they ship with everything;) Well, except a finish you come up with, and if you order the drawers with blanks then you need to source handles.

Just a headsup that this coming run (Nov-2016) will be my last for the year, resuming next Jan/Feb. A combination of multiple work trips and desire to spend time with the family not stressed over shipments is driving that.

What is the name/type of handle on the right drawer?

In my prototyping I went through several - huge variation in quality and cost out there.

The one in the photo is from TCH, here: Surface Mount Handle - Surface Mount Handles - TCH
I liked them as low cost ($5), comfortable foam handle, and spring-loaded so NO RATTLE.

500-141800-l.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom