Kings Chariot dishonest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

People who buy new expect a warranty because one is clearly issued.
We dont sell on an impression or a misspoken word. We sell based on 11-13 page documents very clearly saying what each person in the agreement expects.
If you want a warranty, BUY ONE. We sell them.

We have always stood by any vehicle we sell at the time of the sell. Anyone, private or dealer should do the same. No one, private or dealer stands behind a used vehicle 9 months after the sale. If you expect that without a purchased warranty you're on medication.
There are federal docs for people who live in that world to make sure that neither the seller or buyer has an impression that there is a warranty when there isn't one and not one when there is one. We aways use that doc.

If you think you can call someone you bought a used car from 9 months after the sale with not a single word spoken until that time and even remotely think that the private seller or a used car dealer will fix that blown head gasket that very clearly occurred 9 months after the sale, you are crazy or you think you can blackmail them to fix it. Well it's been tried here once again and it doesn't work. We sell way too many rigs to happy buyers. I have many many repeat buyers.

For perspective's sake, heres pics of everyone we've sold.
Mario, a warranty is not to cover your fraud. A warranty is to cover legitimate mechanical failures. If I purchased a warranty and submitted a claim because Stop Leak had been added to my cooling system and is causing overheating, the claim would be denied.

Here's a photo of my overflow reservoir puking out Stop Leak. I've also attached a photo of your response to me sending you a photo of Stop Leak in my cooling system. You are a criminal.

Mario Stop Leak 1.jpg

Mario Stop Leak 2.jpg

Of all the rediculous things Ive read here you win.

So a guy buys a 97 Ford mustang with 250k miles from a Ford dealer and he pays more than 6k, 9 months later he blows the head gasket. The ford dealer because they know fords should just do the right thing fix the headgasket? Really?

If you being the authority of vehicle sales and Toyotas in general sells a car here in the classifieds are you stipulating by your feelings that anyone buying from you gets a warranty up to 9 months after the sale, because you will just do the right thing?

They make contracts for people like you. It matters not what youre on today or how you feel, all vehicle sales private or dealer are as is unless something is stipulated in writing or there is a warranty. All of our transactions clearly specify what each person is responsible for and will and will not do in the contract. We fulfill every contract 100%. We do not issue contracts by feelings.

You're not really endearing yourself to your potential customers here...

For my issue, Mario keeps stating "9 months". What he's not mentioning, is that during those 9 months I hadn't even put 300 miles on the truck. I bought it in September. Being in Vermont and this Land Cruiser was not intended to be my daily driver, I'd driven it VERY little from September to May because of the salty roads. In fact, I only took 2 trips from my home to the ski mountain during the winter (30 minute drive each way). On each trip to the ski hill, I noticed I had no heat which raised initial concern. Once the roads were clear in May, I began to put the Land Cruiser into more of a regular driving rotation. The first few days were fine. Then, it started to randomly overheat once the vehicle came up to temperature and I'd stop at an idle ...like at a traffic light. This is where I knew there was an issue, and it needed to be figured out. Within days of the overheating surfacing, the reservoir spewed the brown mud ...Stop Leak.

Upon my first, and quite polite inquiry with Mario to ask if he was aware of the issue and if he'd assist me with getting it repaired, he showed his true colors and suggested I'd short-changed myself by not purchasing a warranty. That was his very first response!

At this point, the cooling system has been flushed over 15 times. Everything from the radiator to the heater core to the cylinder head has been replaced. We're hoping the issue has been resolved, but this overheating issue due to Stop Leak is very sneaky. Just when you think the truck is running at temp and you have the problem licked, it randomly overheats. I've been so scarred by this issue, it may take me a couple years to rid myself of constantly watching my temp gauge and the feeling the truck is going to randomly overheat.

Dealing with Mario & King's Chariot has been an eye opener. On top of the uneasy feeling about the reliability of my truck, I have to decide whether to eat this VERY expensive invoice as a life lesson or to sue King's Chariot. The Jacksonville Florida Bar Association has been helpful connecting me with a confident attorney, but can it be proven there was negligence or wrongdoing by King's Chariot? I'm inclined to believe that's tough to prove in a court of law.

So, I might just eat this as a life experience, but I'd be remiss not to use the vehicle of the internet to warm future prospective buyers.

My last comment Mario, you have the chance right here to step up and admit a possible oversight and to work with me on this costly repair. That's all you have to do, and it would go a long way with your peers and potential customers. I promise, I'm not out to get you. I just want to make this issue a little more fair.

Thank you.

My last comment Mario, you have the chance right here to step up and admit a possible oversight and to work with me on this costly repair. That's all you have to do, and it would go a long way with your peers and potential customers. I promise, I'm not out to get you. I just want to make this issue a little more fair.

Thank you.

Good advice here, losing one sale because of this costs more.

Instead of talking about how his rigs are fully built with a two inch lift perhaps he should put that last statement on his website instead "It's a used truck and things can happen"

Hello,
Came across KC on instagram and really was interested in the vehicle offered for sale. I did see the prices a bit crazy. Not to trash KC but im glad i found this forum. Im in desperate mode looking for a suv . Ill take my time finding a good Toyota/Lexus SUV and do the build myself like someone here mention. New to MUD so ill be reading picking brains.

Hey @Aguacatejuice.
If you’re looking for a Cruiser and build it up, We, @TampaCruisers can provide that service.

We have several blank canvas and can build to your desire.
Feel free to review our social media pages, our previous listings in Bring A Trailer, and see what We offer.

Instead of spending the money on a built rig, to somebody else taste, put the money on something more to your liking and make it your own.

Manny @ Tampa Cruisers.

Hey @Aguacatejuice.
If you’re looking for a Cruiser and build it up, We, @TampaCruisers can provide that service.

We have several blank canvas and can build to your desire.
Feel free to review our social media pages, our previous listings in Bring A Trailer, and see what We offer.

Instead of spending the money on a built rig, to somebody else taste, put the money on something more to your liking and make it your own.

Manny @ Tampa Cruisers.
Oh sweet !! Thanks ill look now!

These guys are clowns and liars. There was a rig walk around posted on YouTube where a commentor kept saying how wonderful and amazing the rigs were and that "they have a great reputation". Anyways the guy sounded like a schill for KC even though he spoke about them in a 3rd person so I asked him if he worked for KC or had any affiliation. The dude denied that he had any association with KC. What struck me was his username Ruben Bosque which it was not hard to find that the Bosque family owns KC. I found it pretty dishonest when he represented himself as an unaffiliated bystander when it was clear he is part of the ownership family. Almost like giving yourself reviews on Google and I wouldn't be surprised if they have bots, employees or affiliates posting google reviews for themselves.

I too have found them to be unscrupulous. I purchased a very expensive Land Cruiser from them and have run into a nightmare. The cooling system was filled with Stop Leak to conceal a head gasket leak. Upon notifying Mario (the owner), his first response was "you should have bought a warranty". The Stop Leak gummed up everything from the thermostat, water pump, heater core, radiator to the head. Ultimately, every single one of those items had to be replaced after a year of chasing down random episodes of overheating. Mario is one of the shadiest people I've ever done business with.

Is there a way we can talk? I purchased a 99 Lemon from KC, my Transmission just blew after a bit over 1k miles. I initially contacted him when I received my LC, I told him about some things that were bad and he went off on me. I have still have the text. Now after owning the vehicle for about 3 months, my transmission is gone.

Mario, a warranty is not to cover your fraud. A warranty is to cover legitimate mechanical failures. If I purchased a warranty and submitted a claim because Stop Leak had been added to my cooling system and is causing overheating, the claim would be denied.

Here's a photo of my overflow reservoir puking out Stop Leak. I've also attached a photo of your response to me sending you a photo of Stop Leak in my cooling system. You are a criminal.

View attachment 3289849

View attachment 3289850
Please contact me, I bought a vehicle from him around March and nothing but headaches from the start and now a blown transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom