For Sale Kingman, Arizona 1966 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
1966 FJ 40 $18,500 Original paint sold new in California, spent last twenty years in Nevada. I bought this last year thinking I could go 4 wheeling in the Mohave desert, but my cervical vertebrae say No!

Chevy 350 crate motor installed in the late 1980's with factory 3 speed on the floor. P.O. thought he could pull a travel trailer. My buddy purchased it in 1989? Moved it to Cherry Creek, Nevada and used it until last year.

Slight lift, non factory wheels.

New (8) wheels cylinders, rebuilt master cylinder, One wire GM alternator, all fluids changed , new window fuzzies, new rear door tail gate chrome handle

The only rust I see is on the passenger side top door frame ( which is replaceable)

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1367.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

Indian301, I'm trying to be helpful with this. I think your price is high for a modified fj40. And I check on if that paint color was offered in California.

This is not original paint, fyi

Maybe Looks like they painted under the fenders, the bib hinge and behind the rounded turn signals in sort of a white color.....

It’s original color is white, you can see the white where the missing front park lights go and the front fenders and hood underneath. If this was original paint and original drivetrain it might be up in the higher teens. In this current market, original means everything, Nice solid 40, glws

Indian301, the others are correct. But, I do like a dry bottom and this qualifies. Two thoughts are, prove it came from California and could it be a Con-Ferr V8 engine exchange. Casting dates will be on the block and heads.

Thank you for all of the replies. I took a better look under the weatherstripping, it was definitely originally White. Someone a long time ago spent $$$ having the colored changed because every inch of the interior and inside the glove box is painted!

Very cool. Might have been a wildland fire truck at one point, with that bright color scheme. Looks solid.

Any patched holes in the fiberglass top?

indian301, put the findings/opinions in a question form and you won't get hammered so much.
Example: Did these come with aluminum tops?, Did these come in a lime green color with white under the fenders? This may help

mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom