King Shocks Dealer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know I have read here about recommendations on whom to call for King shocks. I am thinking about upgrading with the goal of improving the ride on the road. I understand that talking to the right dealer can greatly increase the chances that the shocks will arrive appropriately tuned.

Filthy Motorsports has been good to me.

I have decided to go to King because of the larger pistons and valving is better .. This combination yields far less shock fade over long hauls due to heat .. I also like the Filthy Motorsports .. If you haven't checked out the King air bump stops, you should .. Hard stops on rubber rebound much harder than the air bump stops .. This is especially important when moving over difficult terrain ..

For the record I did manage to get my new King 2.5's to fade noticeably on a couple hours of rock riverbed and high speed desert. That was a pretty big ask of any "non-race" suspension under a 6k pound truck though. Once they cooled back down, good as new. Love them otherwise.

Filthy was great to work with, though mine did take 2 months to deliver. Pandemic supply issues, as I understand it.

I got my King 2.5s through Ben at Filthy Motorsports. He knows his stuff. I'm really pleased with the result, they're awesome!

Thinking about King 2.5 myself...any feedback on wait time? Is it really 14-20 weeks?!

Thinking about King 2.5 myself...any feedback on wait time? Is it really 14-20 weeks?!
They quoted me 4-5 weeks in July. Ended up taking 8. And this was with them saying summer is the slow season. So I’d assume that 14-20 is accurate.

When I ordered mine the expectation was 8-12 weeks from Ben. It took the full time. They are built in batches and it really depends on when your order goes in. From my experience across multiple different suspension systems, they are well worth the wait, even if you have to wait 20 weeks.

I know I have read here about recommendations on whom to call for King shocks. I am thinking about upgrading with the goal of improving the ride on the road. I understand that talking to the right dealer can greatly increase the chances that the shocks will arrive appropriately tuned.

I have bought FOX and KING through Accutune Offroad for a Tacoma and F-250. Both sets were well tuned for the non-stock weight of the trucks. Lead times are more contingent on the shock manufacturer than the shop selling/tuning them. On both trucks, I went to a CAT Scale to get front and rear axle weights, which is helpful to the tuner, along with a list of modifications (sprung vs unsprung weight).

I bought mine from HDHQ in AZ last black Friday. I called Filthy at the time but it was impossible to get a hold of anyone.

I have bought FOX and KING through Accutune Offroad for a Tacoma and F-250. Both sets were well tuned for the non-stock weight of the trucks. Lead times are more contingent on the shock manufacturer than the shop selling/tuning them. On both trucks, I went to a CAT Scale to get front and rear axle weights, which is helpful to the tuner, along with a list of modifications (sprung vs unsprung weight).
I've heard on a Tundra forum, but can't confirm, that some higher volume Kings dealers get priority. Could just be rumors though.

I bought mine from HDHQ in AZ last black Friday. I called Filthy at the time but it was impossible to get a hold of anyone.
I found them tough to get in touch with, but they're worth the wait. Once you do get in touch, they are very impressive, and have outstanding customer service. My understanding is that they don't want to become a big giant slinger of high volume parts, they like the business model they have now. If you aren't in a rush, I'd recommend patience. It'll be worth it.

Last edited:
My advice for Filthy is to place your order, put in your comments and Ben will contact you within a few days. The customer service is peerless. I have never had such good service in all my years of building trucks. WELL worth the wait.

My advice for Filthy is to place your order, put in your comments and Ben will contact you within a few days. The customer service is peerless. I have never had such good service in all my years of building trucks. WELL worth the wait.
Agreed.

Great vote of confidence for the brand and the reps here on this thread. I have learned, my happy place is to buy once and consider the purchase pains as part of the pleasure... with that said, I am considering King 2.5s and likely would add airbags for towing a travel trailer. I am curious, do any of the King owners tow TTs on a regular basis? And if so, what sort of setup can I reference (let’s be real, who can I copy)?

I tow fairly regularly, but not a lot of weight, so others probably have better advice. I had airbags that I was going to install with my Kings, but opted to skip them.

Talk through that with Ben. I tow regularly but its only a small Turtleback Trailer with probably 150lbs tongue weight. I didn't consider it in my suspension work. If you have a lot of tongue weight, I would seriously consider a solid weight distributing hitch setup well before airbags. Having used both with regularity, a properly set up WDH is safer and much more manageable long term than airbags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom