Kimberley Karavan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I recently ordered a brand new Kimberley Karavan from Australia. I had their Kimberley Kamper for 5 years and was very happy with the quality and engineering that goes into everything they build. Rather than the typical USA camper who takes a Jayco out for a weekend or a week, they built units to last weeks/months in the bush. I thought I was going to have my Kamper forever, but the value of USD to AUD made the time to upgrade now.

The entire story can be found here

DSC00820.jpg
DSC00822.jpg
DSC00835.jpg
DSC00833.jpg
DSC00836.jpg

A few more setup
DSC00839.jpg
DSC00841.jpg

and all nice and tucked into the garage
DSC00847.jpg
DSC00846.jpg

that thing would look great on the flatbed of my pig...nice rig!

I've read both of the links now and was wondering... how does it drive on the right side of the roads out here? Any pulling to the left, or other strange Aussie habits? Is there an issue with the lithium batteries? :)

A very cool outfit that we have been looking at for a couple of years.

Last edited:
It drives fine no issues and easy to tow. I don't have Lithium batteries, but it is on my future upgrade list. Those who have upgraded or ordered with Lithium batteries have only made positive comments

Sweet!:grinpimp:

Is there an option list on the website? I know that I'm blind half the time but there are a lot of features that I wouldn't want. I guess you might have to call them and ask.
I really like the diesel fuel heaters, energy systems and cookers.

attached is the options list and different models. Note prices are in AUD. First subtract 20% as you don't have to pay the GST (tax) as its an export. Then convert from AUD to USD which today is at 0.73

so for something thats $100 AUD, $80AUD (minus 20% tax) *.73= $58.4 USD

Attachments

• 2016-kimberley-karavans-detailed-price-book-06102015.pdf
    751.9 KB · Views: 1,003
Awesome piece of machinery. The Aussie's make the Amish back home in Hoosierland look like amateurs when it comes to wheeled homes. :hungry::flipoff2:

If the snow's not too deep, looks like it's already camping season...except maybe they don't worry so much about the temps we might run into in North America? This is the one thing where the climatic conditions are different enough that it's maybe a 3.5 season trailer (as I'm sure that diesel heater would keep up pretty darn well)? Given it's made for Australian conditions, probably not high as on the list of design priorities and there is the fact that it telescopes. I guess I'm curious about how tight they are when set-up, as I know they really emphasize tightness going down the trail to limit dust infiltration. Not to worry, because everything looks the highest quality. And those diesel heaters are the schiznitz from what I hear. But insulation and sealing factors have me curious about their approach

I'm having a hard time imagining a trailer with fuel cells...but they're apparently available.:eek:

Last edited:
He'll look like my rich uncle......:grinpimp:

Very nice Ken!

The Aussie dollar is down to .70 vs .73 when I bought mine

Here is the 2016 Pricing guide

You take the price and subtract 20% (*0.8) as you don't pay GST Tax on exports. Then take that and multiply by the current exchange rate

For example a $82K AUD Karavan = 82K x .08 x *.07 = $45.92K

Attachments

• 2016-kimberley-karavans-detailed-price-book-06102015.pdf
    751.9 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
wow, now down to .68. That would brings the price for my $50K purchase down to $44K. It was .73 in October when I bought mine

Nice. Now all you have to do is take a few months off and go break it and the 200 in on the Pan American Highway. Another trip to Moab or some other place you've already been a hundred times would be a waste. :worms:

I'm jealous of the 4 car garage.

Very nice. Good on ya for having some fun.

Just realized I never posted pictures of my Karavan next to Cdans Kamper at Moab

Welcome to camp Oz

DSC01702.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom