Killing sunroof Rattle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

T

Hey they are still made or available... I just replaced all the sunroof trim bought it at camelback toyota phoenix.. about $100 for all 4 trim pieces with the copper state cruisers discount they offer..(thanks Murph) .... only gray color available though... so I sprayed it to match my tan interior which should hopefully give it a layer of UV protection ... yes the old ones where extremedly brittle fell out in 1,000,000 pieces once I messed with them... The new ones where much more plyable and did stop most rattles but not all.. So im still interested on how to stop the rattle caused with the cover and wind deflector.
Posts up those part numbers please. I spent an hour with the CBT counter folks and we didn't come up with anything.

I pulled the headliner out after work today. The rattle was coming from a section of the roof support, where the panal adhesive had separated and was rattling against the underside of the roof. I ordered some 3M 08115 panal adhesive to reapply to the roof support. And I have a ton of dynamat extreme to install to the underside of the roof. I am going to try and scrub/clean the headliner also.
I had this, fixed it. This is a different rattle. Man that adhesive thing was a huge help though.

Mine was the wind deflector while closed. hard to pinpoint. Would stop when just cracked open enough for an finger to fit thru. was able to find by getting a finger on it while rattling. slight tweaking and full lube it's quiet.

Mine was the wind deflector while closed. hard to pinpoint. Would stop when just cracked open enough for an finger to fit thru. was able to find by getting a finger on it while rattling. slight tweaking and full lube it's quiet.
What did you use for grease?

What did you use for grease?
Probably not what spec'd but a combo in all spots- 140 gear lube down the drive mechanism- silicone where seals etc contact-light grease applied VERY lightly by finger wipe) on any sliding bushing areas- drops of 30w on some pivots- some spray lithium on some unreachable toward the rear -then ran about 10 cycles of all movements -pretty much as I recall. -smooth as butter on a neglected '94. slight twist to the wind deflector to stop the rattle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom