Kids Anti-Fight device (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gday all,
I am getting ready to head off tomorrow for a 1400km camping trip towing my boat (I do this trip one or two times per year and have previous posts on these trips on Mud).
We have a Waeco esky that sits between the kids, but is too far back for me or my wife to reach into, so I thought I would make a platform for it to sit on further forward from where it normally sits. It now can’t be ‘shuffled’ more to one side than the other, which was the cause of “Dad! Lily has moved the esky more on my side!!!!!”. I now can also reach for a water or fruit without having to ask...
It was a rush job, and I still have some wasted space that could be used for storage, but at least they have a drink holder each!
2C80A073-120F-4CF7-AEA3-9B7DC8CA91CD.jpeg

And they have a nice platform for battleship or some other fun driving game. Looks good. Have a great trip!

Cool platform!

Preventing fights sure has changed :)

I was about 8 (1968) and we were on the PA turnpike heading for MI and my older sister and I were going at it in a big way. Dad pulled over at a picnic type rest stop, sat me on the table and drove away. He turned at the next available spot, doubled back and picked me up. I was quiet the rest of the trip.

Try that today and see what happens.

Cool platform!

Preventing fights sure has changed :)

I was about 8 (1968) and we were on the PA turnpike heading for MI and my older sister and I were going at it in a big way. Dad pulled over at a picnic type rest stop, sat me on the table and drove away. He turned at the next available spot, doubled back and picked me up. I was quiet the rest of the trip.

Try that today and see what happens.
I miss those days.......

Now!
You in handcuffs, on the 6 o'clock news and all over social media.

@Silveredition I like the platform, cool idea. For my kids you would need a wall to the roof to stop them, they would be over that in a second, seat belts on or off.

Now!
You in handcuffs, on the 6 o'clock news and all over social media.
Right! Even now I take small chances and park in front of the hardware store or the plant place down the street from me and run in w/ kid in car. I tell them, they agree it’s silly but frustrating how strangers will call you out as fast as they can on social media. MYOB.

Nice job. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

@Silveredition I like the platform, cool idea. For my kids you would need a wall to the roof to stop them, they would be over that in a second, seat belts on or off.
[/QUOTE]

I was going to build a wall down the middle, but decided to risk it (and ran out of time).

Great job, thats a good Dad.

So, we left home at 4:30pm after work, drove until 1:50am, slept until 7am, and arrived at our camp site at 2:45pm. And there were NO fights!! No space wars!
Even with the esky out and the platform left in place, it is a handy drink holder and junk store...
Enjoying 2 weeks of camping / fishing / spearfishing/ drinking now....
Thanks for all the comments!
FE242D14-AF2E-4FB9-9061-489CE532EAA1.jpeg
445C1CE5-5801-47B6-B833-D2FD96D11D97.jpeg
2AC1E5FB-DE5A-4C99-B110-9EF8D0FF73E2.jpeg
E17CA340-A657-4B4A-BF5A-8A910634E4D7.jpeg
FE242D14-AF2E-4FB9-9061-489CE532EAA1.jpeg
445C1CE5-5801-47B6-B833-D2FD96D11D97.jpeg
2AC1E5FB-DE5A-4C99-B110-9EF8D0FF73E2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom