Khg38 (khg38) ?? Likely scammer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had a very scammy experience with this new member who contacted me about a wanted ad for an axle I posted. Told me a story about parting out their wife's vehicle and when I asked for photos of what he had he sent me photos from this ad, which seemed oddly familiar...

I called him out and he told me a completely different story about how it was just to confirm I was looking for these specific parts because it's "less stressful" and that he just had to pick them up at his "local dealer." The whole thing felt weird and predatory. Just wanted to put up a red flag about this one. I reported them before writing this and now it looks like their account has disappeared without a trace?? Still have the email correspondence.

Edit. The user name was khg38

Last edited:
The person mentioned in this scam used the same phone number but a different email.

jta7862@gmail.com
+19196943861

Looks like they just keep making new email addresses and accounts everytime they get reported.

The same guy contacted me on my WTB ad that I posted within the last week. Claims to be in NC and can't figure out how to send pix through the forum and wants me to contact him directly at that same GMail address. jta7862@gmail.com He contacted me using a different ID than your guy.

This time his user ID is: bn2

How do we get him thrown off the site?

I searched the contact information on Google and it's associated with similar types of scamming on some other vehicle forums. This idiot seems to be a problem for everyone. Most likely once he's sufficiently exposed he will move on. Maybe our site admin can send an email to everyone detailing his operation and communications with the members here. If he knows that everyone knows it could be enough, especially if he has an open account at the time and gets the email too. Obviously it would best to put a stop to it altogether.. but what can be done?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom